Advice pls

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice pls

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

As some of u may know I. Trying to come off tramadol. I only take 2 or 4 a day but I'm confused as to weather this pain I'm in that feel like Rigor mortis is due to the tramadol or the fibro.im not silly I no u can't just stop anything without problems but is this body stiffness the illness or the pill . The more I google the more confused I get.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Advice pls

Postby Amberk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi, i would say personally its the pain. I was on tramadol years ago and didn't feel like that when i came off. It could be just that your pain is,worse due to a bad period at the same time as you're coming off them. Hope ive helped a little :-)
Amberk
UKFM Member

Postby Keri2181 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Hiya I'm not on tramadol anymore, I'm on a morphine patch but when it's time to change it my muscles all tense up becaus I can feel the pain a lot more. Possibly the same for you. I'm on tablets calle methocarbamol and they're muscle relaxants. They work wonders x
Keri2181
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Yes Keri I have them to but not had to use them yet.
Amber I'd love to think your right I've only taken one this morning and feeling a little better that's why it's so confusing .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Stiffness is a known problem with FM, so it could be due to that. According to Drugs.com one of the less common side effects can be a
general feeling of bodily discomfort.

This could suggest that what you're experiencing could be due to one or the other, or as in a lot of cases, a bit of everything.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi painprincess

I used to be on Tramadol and decided to come off them last year. I did it slowly like you are and didn't suffer any side effects.

The stiffness is something I get regardless of how many tablets I take. I find gentle stretches help with this.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceman13 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm on tramadol and have been for a few years now, i get stiffness everyday but i notice it worse in the cold winter month's...
Iceman13
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm on tramadol and get the stiffness even right after the next dose kicked in. When it's time to take the next dose I'll notice a strange feeling in my eyes, it's a bit like brainzaps, I hear a slight ringing sound when I move them and I get dizzy. Not good, I think my body is depending on it, but I can't take codeine.

So I'd say it's possible that it's the pain. Do hot baths help you a bit? Or maybe ice packs?
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia