spasms under arm/ chest

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

spasms under arm/ chest

Postby lovelysue » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm really struggling with muscle spasms in my pectoral muscles,side of chest and under arm. It all started when I pulled my upper back. Apart from driving me mad it's really getting me down. My gp gave me diazepam and referred me to chronic pain clinic. Just wondering if anyone else gets this? I've now had to start 2nd antidepressant.
lovelysue
UKFM Newbie

Re: spasms under arm/ chest

Postby neferhapi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:51 pm

I have had spasms in my legs for years accompanied by a sharp stabbing pain in the hip joint. For 15 years I was told that these were psychosomatic and a syptom of depression! The frequency of the spasms does reduce sometimes and now I only get them during flares not all the time. I hope the pain clinic can help
neferhapi
UKFM Member

Postby lovelysue » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:20 pm

For some reason I just don't seem to be able to cope with the spasms, and yes I'm hoping the pain clinic will help,my go says it's a good clinic, here's hoping.....
lovelysue
UKFM Newbie

Postby Keri2181 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:10 pm

I have the exact same. I pulled the muscle attached to the rib cage on my left hand side from sleeping. And it was agony and flares up. J was given co coda mol but nothing worked as well as 750mg tablets of methocarbamol/robaxin. They're muscle relaxants and I'd be lost without them x
Keri2181
UKFM Newbie

Postby catlover13 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 am

I have really bad pain round my left breast ....my left shoulder and under my left arm also in my neck ...the pain can come on idividually or all at once. I have a pain which feels like its in my heart.....it gets me down and worries me sick. Its tender and really sore to touch ...all I get for pain is co-codamol and they dont help at all xx
catlover13
UKFM Newbie

Postby kp007 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 am

Chest pain associated with fibro is normally costochondritis, which is inflammation of the cartilage in between the ribs..and as your ribs go from round your body including under arm, this is probably the problem.
kp007
UKFM Member

Postby lovelysue » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks for the replies, sometimes you feel your the only one that gets these odd things. And yes mine goes into my neck also. And sometimes all at once. I have tried methocarbamol but didn't do much for me. Diazepam does help but you can't stay on that for long. Otherwise it's the strong co-codamol and lots of biofreeze! . It's just sometimes one particular problem really gets to me and I struggle to cope. Oh how I hate fibromyalgia x
lovelysue
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia