flares?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flares?

Postby mrsk89 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm

does everybody have flare ups or do some people just stay the same or get worse? i have been having syptoms for around 2 years now and have just been diagnosed but i feel like im in a constant flare like it never seems any better
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Re: flares?

Postby Garyl » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:39 pm

i never seem to improve but i live in hope
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk89 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm

oh me too my gp keeps saying we will get you to a point where you can manage but i just keep praying that will happen 1 day
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 pm

I think once you get the right meds it can b controlled. As for flares I will b having bad pain in knees, then that will get easier then it will b somewhere else then the fog will take over oh and the fatigue. But u will learn was to cope. Good luck :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby jmitch79 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:33 am

Hi there,
I get flare up's and I have had fibro since 2011. I have found that following a low carb
No sugar diet helps. Doing a diet like the Atkin's would be a good one for people.
This is the one I follow. I hope this helpssome people.

Jodie
jmitch79
UKFM Newbie

Postby suecam » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:10 am

I have flares quite regularly, had one yesterday which was so bad I couldn't move properly at all. Days like that I'm learning to stop pushing myself to do things, housework can wait or somebody else can do it...learning to do this is a lot harder than you think. My gp tells me off regularly! I'm much better than I was yesterday and now feel I've twice as much to do in the house with losing yesterday..see, good at giving advice but rubbish at heeding it for myself! Hope you feel OK soon.x
suecam
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:39 pm

It can vary, even change it's behaviour over time. Up until a few months ago, I would :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: with my pains levels at a regular level until something happened that caused them to increase. But then, instead of things settling back down to a lower level, things would stay at this increased level, and eventually become my usual/regular one until the next time something caused them to increase again.

Since acquiring the CFS card in my collection, and esp since being under Pain Management for the past few months, I've noticed a change towards more typical flare~up behaviour, altho it doesn't go back down to the level I was at previously. There is no pattern to how these things happen for me. The past few days I have felt absolutely awful, and last night was horrendously disrupted, meaning that :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: was even more elusive than usually is :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Yet I've got up this morning, had a soak in the bath and things are somewhat more manageable.

I have pain and it's other cohorts waging war in my body constantly, and over the years this has intensified and rumbled out and affected other areas as I'm slower when doing something, don't have the same levels of strength and stamina I used to have, which means my reliance on OH and :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenager has grown :oops: :oops: :oops:

This seems to be the case for a good number on here, altho there are a few where things have stayed relatively stable, or are really well controlled and managed.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby atko64 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

I think I too am living one long flare up. My dr has also said we will get it managed but 43 tablets aday later and I still struggle to cope.
On saying that I have friends with fibro who manage quite well.
To that my dr just said you have chronic CFS/Fibro. Oh great lol.....
All we can do is carry on, Good luck and chin up....
atko64
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm

I have flare ups but not in any order, sometimes I wake up feeling more grotty than usual, and by the middle of the morning I will be having a flare, this type of flare I can manage,i get on the settee with my dogs,take my tablets, and try to chill out, I sleep if I can, But the big flare ups I can not put up with,pain pain and more pain,nothing I take helps, I have asked my dr for something to help when I have the big flare, I have what I call my every day pain,then a small flare and then my humongist flare,i don't think I need to describe the flares as you all know what they are like, some time they last a day sometime a week, some time longer,but I have arthritis as well and some times I don't know which pain belongs to what,i think I am having a mind flare if there is such a thing, I keep having to deleat and start again,,my brain feels full of sawdust,i don't think this is any good to any one I just wanted to clear my mind ,hope you all understand love to all,
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 pm

I think we all see flares different .what a flare for one might be an everyday thing to another. Mostly a flare for me is when I'm going alone ok coping and bang I'm not copping or moving well feeling well or looking well, that when I know I have a flare ,but I'm in pain everyday like u so mostly I don't even notice one it's only when I can't talk and sound drunk I no itx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia