Sensitivity

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sensitivity

Postby lala » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi, I am really struggling with sensitivity to noise, I cant cope with any noise that isn't my own, if that makes sense, also the seams on my clothes especially my socks really do my head in, I cant stand the feeling of them, also as I have just been diagnosed with Skin Lupus I am extremely sensitive to light especially sunlight, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? I have tried ear plugs but I don't like the feeling of them either......feeling a bit stuck...
Thanks for reading.
lala
UKFM Member

Re: Sensitivity

Postby scoke » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 am

I can't help much with noise sensitivity but I suggest wearing socks and tights inside-out to ease he pain caused by the seams - it seems just not having the ridge of the seam rubbing against my toes is enough, mostly, to stop it being so painful. If anyone can help with noise problem I'd be grateful - I only get it occasionally and also cannot bear ear plugs, although the very soft wax ones are bearable for me in one ear at a time, the other ear pressed against a cushion or pillow - lasts about as long as I can go without getting a numb ear from the pillow. I have also found some noise filtering earphones that I can bear but they don't filter much normal noise. Weirdly I have recently been fitted with a hearing aid for deafness in my right ear and wearing it actually helps against the annoyance of harsh sounds!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

That's a hard one but there more then one sort of ear plug u can get wax ones and shaped ones. How about asking the dr I no when I was told I had tinnitus they said I could have something fitted in my ear to stop outside noise can't remember what it is but worth asking your dr x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:32 pm

I know how you feel. I can't bear the noise in a busy place because it makes my ears 'buzz' and feels like they are going to explode. Other noises that bother are a dog barking close to me or machine noises They really hurt my ears. My ears constantly feel blocked and as if they need to POP and some noises ie; tele or music seem muted.
Have seen ENT consultant but he says nothing wrong. As they always say when you ask for FM. symptoms to be investigated. makes me feel as if I am making things up.
I also have problems with my nightclothes at night. I find sleeping on the seem of my nightdress very painful and I cannot bear pyjamas because of the waistband and seems. I know i could sleep with nothing on but I spend all night with the duvet off, on, off, on, off, on, so I need some sort of cover dignity or I'd scare the horses so to speak.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia