Help - pee'ing a lot

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help - pee'ing a lot

Postby smellycatmou » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with pee'ing lots? Sometimes I'm up once or twice a night and for example in the last hour I've pee'd 3 times! It's so annoying! Is it normal that much with fibromyalgia or should I get checked out?
smellycatmou
UKFM Member

Re: Help - pee'ing a lot

Postby lorrie26 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm

hiya .. ive got the same problem. i was up 6 times a night at 1 time, was put on oxybutinin , now am up twice a night, but take about an hour to empty my bladder properly x
lorrie26
UKFM Newbie

Postby geordiegirl147 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Get checked out as its more to do with diabetes when needing to pee a lot or having to get up through out the night several time if its been on going it could, it could be nothing your having more fluid intake, body holding fluid through the day.
keep an eye on it until you get the appointment how long, if its every night, all the time, drinking more ect.
all the best
geordiegirl147
UKFM Member

Postby missyb » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi I am the same up and down all the time I did put it down to a weak bladder after two kids but I have noticed that it has got worse. I go then 5 mins later I have the urge again as though not emptied my bladder properly!! Think I may have to get it checked out .
missyb
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Go and see your Dr. It could be a variety of things. It could have nothing to do with fibro. I say this because I have had bladder issues for over 20 years with numerous surgery. Don't stress over it though, just see your Dr. It could be something that can be fixed by a pill, excercises, physio, or internal massage, especially for the bladder, or worse scenario surgery. Sometimes just a simple examination of the bladder can fix this problem on it's own.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby suz1964 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi
Im the same as you. Now I dont drink anything after 9.30pm and only up once a night :-D . Before then used to be up 3-4 times and then struggled to get back to sleep. So far so gd but when im having a fibro flair up even with no liquids after 9.30 im up at least 3 times a night. Seems as though when im having a flair up its water retension. :roll:
suz1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Definitely have this checked out, just to be sure that there isn't something else at work and causing the problem.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby libbiek30 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm

I have had every ladder test going a d they still not managed to sort it. I know if I stay off caffeine its not as bad but the the caffeine keeps me ggoing. I have had bladder training and that helped. Ask ur gp :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 am

Hi it could be down to some meds you are taking I was put on dufloxetine and it made me pee 20 + times a day and i was up all night so no sleep, so doctor too me off them. 3 weeks later and its a lot better at night but no better in the day, so glad i'm back at drs today its driving me mad. i've been having my last drink at 8pm and still getting up sometimes in the night. grh I've kept a diary of every time I pee and drink and the qty of drink i consume. Fingers crossed they sort me. Hoping they sort my new meds out today too.

The drs should be able to sort something out for you one way or another.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Someone already said it but if its something new then go see a Dr. Usually a few days before my period starts my bladder seems to stop working and end up peeing myself if i'm not careful. But this week it was different i felt ill went to Dr's and i have an infection so it's worth checking.
One of the things the Dr mentioned was diabetes - i felt like screaming i don't have diabetes i have Fibromyalgia but i was kind to her has she is training as a GP.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Hia all

I too pee lots!!! And at nite I'm up at least 2-3 times but at nite 4sum reason I can b sat there 4 20minz b4 I can go even tho I'm bursting!! + feel myself nodding off too ahhh!! I'm on a lot of medz too I have pain clinic appt soon so ill ask dr then I'm sure I don't have a infection as I drink loads as get realli dry mouth re: medz but go to dr just in case u need antibiotics for infection u can't b too careful this flippin fibro is a pain in the A@@!!!! Getting more symptoms most months! Grrr hope every 1 is as okay as we can be xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby smellycatmou » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks for all your replies :) your right it IS a pain in the a@@! ,gonna visit the Dr just to be sure though, I had protein in my urine last time but it was after an infection weeks before
smellycatmou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:43 am

Well for me peeing got so bad I was put on oxbutin to. I also ended up on low dose antibiotic s as I had an infection I couldn't get rid of for over a year.turned out it was stress and fibro .i not on anything now but I to pee lots ,then I'm a big tea drinker hehe
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Although i definitely have a big infection my body is fighting, some of the medication can lower your resistance to infection and some can cause bladder irritation, which causes you to pee a lot.
I'm allergic to most stuff so on Naproxen which can do it, and mirtazepine for my crazy head which can also do it and the Dr had the cheek to say you may have diabetes but no sugar turned up in my wee, so i don't think so.

I do love it on here, being able to talk about all these lovely indignities :crazy: :roll: :-D :lol:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia