cold feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cold feet

Postby glekay » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 pm

hj does anybody get really cold feet as I get them mainly at night and it has got to the stage where they have got really painful cannot get into doctors till next week so will have to put up with it till then but does anybody have any ideas
glekay
UKFM Newbie

Re: cold feet

Postby colin halls » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

That was one of the first symptoms i had when i was diagnosed with Raynaulds
colin halls
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I get cold feet at night with my fibro have taken to wearing bed socks that helps
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Kiara » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm

My feet are constantly cold i also get numbness in one of my big toes, I have to wear socks in bed to keep warm. I think its down to my Fibro and just one of the symptoms as my fingers and hands are fine. I do get body temp unbalance though, where i can sweat buckets but my skin is ice cold. Sorry i can't offer any suggestions to help you feel better . I have seen the doctor about this problem and i've been told its down to my Fibro x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby fibrogirl90 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi i get really cold feet and hands. I feel like i have ice in my blood. Dont know whether its the fibro or a circulation problem.
fibrogirl90
UKFM Newbie

Postby Meulan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:54 pm

I agree with Kiara! I also have Reynaud's syndrome (freezing hands and feet), I wear socks in bed and warm up the bed with an electric blanket too. I also get terrific sweats with cold skin (either in day or night time) so end up pulling the socks off when my feet eventually warm up and then overheat!! I've been told its' just the Fibro, but before I was diagnosed with fibro, my gp said it was 'peripheral neuropathy' (poor circulation to the extremities). I noticed that Kiara also posted earlier that she's diagnosed with lichen planus and takes prednisolone, which I was diagnosed with some 30 years' ago and have been on and off steroids over that time :yikes: Hope this helps a bit?
Meulan
UKFM Newbie

Postby Billsmum » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Yes, I also get very cold hands and feet, I wear socks to bed and fingerless gloves for arthritis in the day. Also have problems with controlling body temperature, no tips for that though :( xXx
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Postby carishasafia » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:44 pm

yes I also have Reynaud syndrome.. it also effects my hands tip of my nose and my ears..as well as my feet..she my hands and feet start to warm up they go all tingley and go bright red and swell up its very pain full...its all the effects of fibro..
carishasafia
UKFM Newbie

Postby carishasafia » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:50 pm

I find it hard to control my temperature.. I get all hot and sweaty but im cold to the touch...I only have to try and get dresses and I'm boiling up spoke to Dr about it but there's not much she can do...I try and pace myself if I know I'm going out one day I start the process a day before so I'm not doing a lot of thing all at once :-D
carishasafia
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 am

I've permanently frozen feet due to lack of blood supply itno legs. For me the trick is not to let them get too cold , as it takes hours if you've poor blood supply to get them reheated and quick fixes eg hot water bottles and direct heat onto the feet isn't advisable if cirucaltion is dodgy.

Cashmere knee high socks are good, thin but warm, also a bit expensive but Marks does some great thick knee high 100% woollen socks in the mens range which I buy too. Thermal tights etc also to keep legs warm, you can get some which are quite thin and can be worn under jeans without feeling like a Michelin Man. Also sheepskin slippers and a cosy balnket over the feet when seated.

If circulation is the problem then elevating your legs on sofa recliners etc will make it worse , as it reduces blood flow, gravity and all that.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby praline » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:13 pm

I am waiting for the rhuematologist to confirm its fibro (I am 99% sure and so is pain team and physio) but for what its worth I have had cold feet for years, even in the summer etc they can be icecold when the rest of me is warm. My boyfriend comments on how chilly they are to touch too. They go numb regularly and going back a few years I remember having a steroid injection as the right ones kept spasming viciously. I try to keep warm but trouble is I put bedsocks on but when my feet get painful I can't bear for anything to touch them either so have to remove them, not sure what pain is worse some nights.

My hands are often cold too, have moisturising gloves for bedtime and wear fingerless ones when I go out or they get so red and painful its almost unbearable. People comment on how much they like the gloves but its more than just comfort, they are life savers! :-D
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia