Fibro getting worse?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro getting worse?

Postby yves173 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm a bit worried friends, am hoping you can help me. Up until recently between flares ive been managing to cope with the various aches and pains. However since the last major flare I had about 3 weeks ago the pain I suffer in my spine has not eased it seems to be a constant fixture I wake up every morning hoping it will have eased but no such luck. Am finding it hard walking any distance or Standing for more than 10 mins. So am I right to be worried that my fibro is getting worse or am I just worrying for nothing? X

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
yves173
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro getting worse?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:40 pm

When anything changes/worsens, something new develops, or is just giving you cause for concern, it is always best to have it checked out. Whilst it could be due to FM, there are also other possibilities which may not be related to FM that could be behind it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi. I'm a bit like you, If I stand for a bit my hips and spine get very painful, I take all my medication, and some time I can cope with the pain, I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 50's and I have Rhumatoid Arthritis as well as Fibro, I think its that and not my fibro. Have you spoke to your GP about it.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 pm

hi I was diagnosed on 15th January this year after suffering pain and I am finding more pain now than ever experienced co-ordination is more noticeable something I put down to being at work long hours and being tired but no think definitely was fibro
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby yves173 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for your replies!

yves173
UKFM Member

Postby yves173 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Humphreys - hi it's nice to meet you. I haven't spoken to my gp about it but wonder if I should. I'm 30. I've been managing to hide the amount of pain I'm in at the moment but it's really hard. I know that both my partner and my mum are worried.

yves173
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hmmm backs are funny things and when u got a bad back to start with a flare can really bagger it up for a long time.have u got a back problem if not get dr to look and make sure you have not hurt it .if u do have a back prob again get dr to look see if u hurt it again as not all back pain is due to fibro.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby yves173 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi pain princess, the only back pain I have ever had has related to fibromyalgia. I have never had injuries to my spine that could be the cause of it hence the worry! X

yves173
UKFM Member

Postby Minilady » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Was diagnosed with fibro a few years ago. Have had a really painful neck for a few months. Having physio but the first time I had it I was in agony and could barely stand it. My physio isn't sure if it's fibro or something else :( Anyone else had a worsening of their fibro? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The pain is just horrible and so draining!
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 pm

I have noticed more pain in my lower back spine and hips as well after walking or standing for about same 10 minutes. I am due to see pain clinic in April so hoping get answers there.
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Minilady » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:56 pm

Sounds like you are struggling too,Robbiecramp. I hope you get some answers. Fibro is so debilitating.
Minilady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia