Sore roof of mouth

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sore roof of mouth

Postby Billsmum » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi,
does anyone else have a sore roof to their mouth, just behind their front teeth. My dentist says my gums are fine, but sometimes the roof of my mouth feels as though it's on fire, have tried all kinds of things for gingivitis. Nothing seems to work, I have had it for a couple of years now, it's driving me mad, sometimes I lisp because it feels swollen and it keeps me awake at night. Does anybody have any ideas please!
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Re: Sore roof of mouth

Postby lambo75 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi there
this is something I also get..It also stings when I eat chocolate and some other sweet things.
I have tried various things as I also have bleeding gums...i wonder if fibro related
lambo75
UKFM Newbie

Postby chrissyluck » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 am

hi yes i get this and sometimes its really painful when i eat :(
chrissyluck
UKFM Newbie

Postby scania614 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 am

i also get this i floss alot especially after food and mouth washing more it feels really bruised x
scania614
UKFM Newbie

Postby dejay » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 am

I have just recently got a sore mouth,on the roof, I went to the pharmacist, and he gave me a tube of gell, it is for mouth ulcers,but can be used for a sore mouth, it is a bit yuccy to use but it helped with the soreness, I found it a bit funny in my mouth as it comes out of tube like a paste, then goes thick and sticky in mouth,but it does stick to where you put it, I put it on before bed as I don't eat anything till morning but not everyone is the same, and he did ask what meds I was on,lucky I carry a list with me,other wise my mind goes blank,i am on that many, I don't know if it would help any one, but ask your dr or pharmacist. it is called iglu lots of love to all.
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby gammyem » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:40 pm

I get this quite often and the only thing that helps is.......wait for it.......warm salted water. It stings at first, but definitely works for ME after a day or two. No guarantees though.
gammyem
UKFM Newbie

Postby Joannakw » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:24 pm

I suffered with this when I started taking Gabapentin. I stopped taking it and haven't had it since.
Joannakw
UKFM Newbie

Postby The Fizz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 am

I have that too, but I have acid reflux problems. Is it just the roof of your mouth or is your throat and tongue affected? Also, I'm taking Baclofen for muscle spasms (it has been severe and waiting to see consultant at the hospital) and don't know whether this medicine can cause it. I actually think the Baclofen is responsible for making my reflux worse as it's relaxing muscles I don't need relaxing as well as the ones I do.
"The Impossible Just takes a Little Longer" - Art Berg
The Fizz
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia