flare signs - what are yours?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flare signs - what are yours?

Postby tabithakat64 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:29 am

I'm in the middle of a flare right now & have noticed that there is a definite symptom pattern, do others have the same?

Firstly increased pain and fatigue, the next sign is usually losing the ability to control my bladder meaning I constantly leak, this is due to my muscles weakening, then I usually get muscle tremors, this time mostly in my left side, my grip is poorer than normal and I cannot contract and hold my core muscles,(I do pilates so have a strong core) clench my toes or lift my legs, meaning I struggle to walk more than a couple of hundred metres. Altered sensations and numbness also increases and my sleep cycle gets all messed up leading to more fibro fog than normal and massively increased sensitivity to noise and heat. These symptoms can last hours or months at a time.

Does anyone else have a similar pattern?
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Re: flare signs - what are yours?

Postby kazza65 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 am

Hi

Mine starts with restless night sleep and the my legs become restless and then all i want to do is to sleep. And i just ache all over more than normal. Aslo i i'm writing i get all my words jumbled up and also my speech go all jumbled

Karen
xxxxxx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 am

Sore skin like I have now grrrrr.feeling like I have flu.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby fatalrazkaz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am

Increased pain and tiredness. Feeling like I've been hit by a bus when I get out of bed including pain in bottom of feet when I stand up. Total exhaustion, unable to do smallest of jobs. Falling asleep in the afternoon and mid evening. Difficulty typing and spelling. And sometimes increased appetite as though my body thinks it needs energy from food. :sleep:
fatalrazkaz
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm

I think i must be in one continual flare then :shock:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi

I know when i'm just about to have a flare as its like being hit by a stone wall or ten ton truck everything just stops working :crazy:

Can't think cant move just need to crash in a heap :roll: which is a bit scary when it happens when i'm driving :shock:

XXXX :yikes:
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Mine is the pain in my back. I feel like I've been winded with electric shock of pain running down it and a dull ache like I've been hit really hard which makes me feel sick. Then the fatigue comes. I'm in a flare today, I'm almost in tears and have to work.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Mine is increased pain and fatigue feel like I've got the flu and I want to sleep all the time. my skin in very sensitive hurting to pull up my trousers as it hurt my skin. Hopefully warmer weather is on its way! :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Billsmum » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm the same, just hurt all over, hands and feet ache like mad, skin hurts, my tinnitus goes mad, just want to curl up and sleep, cannot think striaght or do the simplist thing without feeling exhausted. xXx :sleep: :yikes:
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Postby suz1964 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi mine is similar to others on here. Really sore back, neck & arms worse than they normally are.. Restless all night, sweating off and on. Going to the toilet lots and have to be careful when coughing and sneezing you know what I mean lol! And worst of all constantly tired :sleep: and not really in the mood to do anything or go anywhere. I had a flare just a few weeks ago and it got that bad that my words were getting all mixed up when I was trying to say something and fog brain :crazy: . Thank god for post its. :(
suz1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby ladybeck66 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:04 pm

I struggle to walk a couple of hundred inches let alone meters, but your flare up's are on a similar scale to most peoples, I know if I do too much the following day I will suffer......has been this way for years.....just got to got on with life, pma...positive mental attitude x
ladybeck66
UKFM Newbie

Postby atko64 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi, I'm in one long flare up at the mo. Total body pain to the point I'm crying . I'm wheelchair bound. Headaches, uncontrolable muscles spasms, Tired and fatigue. I've just started to have slurred speech and facial muscle's twitching and there are so many more symptoms I won't bore you. Plus I have brain fog so struggle to think straight. The consultant gave me a booklet on Fibro which helped my family understand the illness. We all gotta stay positive x
atko64
UKFM Member

Postby Tony68 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:21 am

I am in the process of further investigation from my GP. I've already had blood tests come back negative for Rheumatoid Arthritis and now GP has mentioned Fibromyalgia. I've been having possible symptons for past 5 months. My hands feel like they have been stamped on and are in constant pain, burning. My neck and right across my shoulders are the same along with my feet. My right thigh has a pain I cannot describe and I find it twitches when I'm in bed, but cannot relax when it happens. I have no idea when attacks are going to happen from one day to the next, but all I know the attacks totally wipe me out - I cannot put how I feel into words other than I feel I'm going crazy when these attacks happen constantly rubbing my hands, rocking to try n get some comfort, every part of my body in pain - no painkillers even Co-codamol do not take pain or sensations away. I now find the attacks are getting worse and my GP has yet to diagnose me until investigations are complete, but because the blood tests I have had are all negative, Fibromyalgia has been mentioned. I'm a 45 year old male, the one thing I struggle with is trying to describe to my GP just how I feel when I get these attacks.
Tony68
UKFM Newbie

Postby DizzyLizzie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Flare signs? Mine probably are the same as some At first it's fatigue more so than normal, I ache all over,along with hating loud noise, bright & flashing lights, then my clothes irritate me, hot & cold flushes, I become irritable, concentration gets worse than normal trying not to laugh or giggle for obvious reason & my balance goes way off, fibro fog & all this time the pain is increasing throughout my body

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm

The same as most others on here, DizzieLizzie is spot on. The only other thing I can think of is I speak utter gibberish :shock:
I want to say "Put it in the shopping trolley" but it comes out "Put it in the bucket lorry" Just as well I've learned to laugh at myself :lol: :lol: :lol: On a more serious note, my head feels too heavy for my shoulders and is extremely painful. All I want to do is sleep :sleep: forever it seems.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia