Migraines

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Migraines

Postby Tel1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:43 am

Hi All..

Here we go again:)) but over the last 6 months I have been getting these damn migraines!!
I use to have them on and off in the past, but since December I would say that I have had
them about once a week, and it seems to affect my eyes more than anything....is this another
normal part of Fibro? I have always gone to the optician's on a regular basis and they always
say that I am fine *thankfully* be interested to know if any of you get this and how many times?
When I have read some of the Fibro related leaflets or on the NHS or even medical journals they
seems to list different symptoms, some say this, some say that... so it's difficult to know where
the list ends :yikes:

Thanks everyone :-)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: Migraines

Postby carishasafia » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 am

I get migraines too..had on all day today its just about wearing off it just another symptom of fibro...:(
carishasafia
UKFM Newbie

Postby topcatt72 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 am

Hi
i suffer with severe migraines as well as part of my fibro....i was told by my opticians that i had light sensitive eyes so any flicker of light or strong sunlight can set 1 off (as well as other things) my eyes hurt a lot 2 especially moving eyes around which if 2 bad i start getting the twinge for the onset of a migraine.... i take pizotifen every nite for prevention (which works to a degree) and imagran when i get a sign of a migraine starting....
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Postby ladybeck66 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 am

Hi guys, again
Same goes with me on the photo sensitivity. My optician doesn't do anything though. I wear sunglasses if it is a very nice day.

Migraines, another symptom....rotten or what :( :-x
ladybeck66
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazely » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi i have had migraines for 15 years and before fibro although im now beginning to think this was the start of it. In the beginning they were daily and sometime several times a day. They can be brought on by several things, make sure you are eating and drinking regularly, temperature, weather and tiredness can also cause them as well as some foods. Menstruation can also bring them on. i still get them often some times 3-4 a week then another week i wont have any. At christmas i had migraines every day from 23-28 dec and then had the hangovers too.

i would say that they can be part of fibro as we never get enough quality sleep. It could also be meds so check out the side effects of any meds you are taking. I would get it checked out by the drs though as not everything is down to fibro. Hope you get sorted and feel better soon.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby littlemac0191 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Hiya, I have had a migraine every day now since Monday after my PIPS Assessment, stress, fatigue and menstrual cycle affect my migraines, also the Spondylosis in my neck. They can last 10 days. aIways have had them but they are much worse since the fibro started. I find a preventative tablet didnt really help so I just stick to Migraleve when they start, which only just touches the surface. thinking of all you migraine sufferers. karen
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Rather than a symptom, headaches and migraines are an often associated condition of FM. They can also be completely unrelated/be a stand~alone problem.

I started having migraines when I hit puberty, which was many many years before FM even started to show any sort of signs of lurking around. Since FM started showing itself tho, 14 years ago, the migraines have become much more frequent and intense. I also have a constant headache that hovers just under full~blown migraine intensity, been with me for so long now that I can't remember what it is like not to have my head :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia