You should want to get better watch this!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

You should want to get better watch this!

Postby migrembe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY49nmH ... ture=share

Out of everything i have read and done this guy is making sense. I shall let you know if it works.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: You should want to get better watch this!

Postby Jeany » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:00 am

Thank you for sharing this.
I totally agree with this guy. I have said for years that food additives, prescription drugs etc are poisoning us. My parents did not have all these illnesses, because the food was very basic and not pumped with chemicals to rid crops of bugs, or pump up the cows etc. There wasn't the fast food either that there is now. Back to basics for me although I do eat quite healthily I will be taking care to look closely at what I eat, and also at reducing my medications.
I am going to look for books by Dr John Bergman, as I really do think we are filling our bodies with toxins, and that is why so mant people are so ill.
I urge everyone to check out the link, and listen to what Dr Bergman says.

Thank you once again for sharing the link with us x x x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Thank you for your reply. I whole-heatedly agree with what this guy is saying and i know of a couple of people at least who say that although they get the odd twinges their lives are no longer ruled by Fibro.

After having been told by my Dr that i had a kidney infection but the test results came back clear it's definitely time to make some changes and reduce and maybe even stop the medications.

:grouphug:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:24 am

Thank you for the link :-D
It was inspiring and it certainly makes you think, all these medicines we are putting in our bodies.
I just wish I had the strength yo process his information more.
Let us know how you get on.
Take care x
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 am

It's about one tiny step at a time and a lot of faith in yourself and those that are treating you. If you intend to reduce or stop any medication don't forget to consult with your Dr first and don't forget withdrawal can be as hard as the disease they are treating.

Although the video suggests stopping all medication before you do anything else, you might want to work on improving your diet and maybe learning some kind of meditation to help you relax and sleep before you stop everything.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 am

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but will be interested to hear what he has to say. As an unmedicated FM sufferer who has a healthy diet, I am keen to find anything else that I can do that I haven't already been doing.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:03 am

Erm well while I agree with a lot of what's said Florence nightingale and even Napoleon had fibro.so not sure on the food bit.its well documented Florence had whole body aches and pain of the body but no one knew why it was.xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Zeberdi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:59 pm

My Grandmother had fibrosis, an illness now thought to be the same as ours. My partners mother has suffered for years with her health, many symptoms like mine right down to needing B12 injections. This might be aggrevated by toxins and bad diet and I use alternatives a great deal to treat myself rather than the prescription route where I can. My Husband did the complete holistic stuff for terminal cancer, it gave him many more months of better health than anyone thought but even living the same, side by side, my own did not go away and when he died and I could finally stop pushing myself all hell broke loose.

Yes, use all means to help yourself and to keep your body running as well as possible as easily as possible with as little strain on it as possible, it does make a difference. I was told 18 years ago I would be in a wheel chair by now with my fibro, I am not yet that bad but I do struggle.

What works well for one may do nothing for another and research suggests the longer you have had this the less chance there is of getting out of it. My own advice to newly diagnosed would be do every supplement, and avoid ALL addatives, stimulants and toxins. Rest, don't let others push or stress you and it will help you long term.

Just my thoughts and experience.
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia