Fibro STRESS

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro STRESS

Postby Sipsmith » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Is this a familiar story - can I blame fibro for all the bad things that happen in my life?
I have Fibromyalgia

It was supposed to be a lovely couple of days away – to save a rocky marriage – rocky on my part
Sat Nav set, booking printed
Picnic prepared, all set to leave at 10am with one stop to pick up takeaway coffees before hitting the highway
Stop for petrol – thought this had been done the evening before slight stress
He wanted cigarettes slight stress

He wants to smoke a ciggie slight stress
He doesn't smoke before he gets into car – says he will smoke in car slight stress
Go to garage for petrol – how much petrol shall we put in? Just put the petrol in stress building
Head off in wrong direction stress
Request headlights, it is misty/foggy – answer back -lights? Yes! stress
Full beam headlights in fog – kept quiet
Not using Sat Nav – wants to go via X nooooooo stress

Smoking in car stress
Stop for him to pee – my fault cos he didn't go before he left, I was rushing him stress

What came next?
I am a front seat driver – pointing out which lane to be in – helpful? No! stress
Still not using Sat Nav once we hit Motorway – had agreed a turn off at Junction X the night before when discussing route
Turn off at Junction Y – WHY????? STRESS
Checking scribbled notes while driving STRESS
Turn around – back on to Motorway Sat Nav ON which had been set up the previous evening hurrah!
I read paper and do puzzles so as not to feel the urge to direct the driver – feel sick STRESS

Arrive at P – cold and misty but sun trying to shine, short walk
He wants picnic in carpark????? stress
Lovely tasty picnic, I have my gin and tonic – one rule for me and one rule for you – stress
Please will you take my photo – no response
Totally disheartened
I am speaking with a man putting benches out – he is taking back tea cup to hotel
What were you talking to that man about???? Deja vu???? STRESS

Leave P, where are we going? To the hotel..... not what we discussed yesterday stress
Oh yes, we're going to W – Sat Nav off – go in wrong direction STRESS
Beautiful sunny day in W – long walk to beach so didn't go down
He pees on foot path – nice for others to have to walk thro his pee stress
I sit in car and enjoy sun, watch surfers – ask 3 times if he will swim – no answer or maybe I am deaf – STRESS
Open my other gin and tonic – one rule for you...... STRESS
Would have been nice to stay for sunset by beach – we head off to hotel

Find hotel after stressful drive STRESS STRESS STRESS
Did I pack his swimming trunks?
OVERLOADED
Sipsmith
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro STRESS

Postby DRM » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 pm

This is exactly why I'm single! Enough stress dealing with fibro without having to deal with a man too! Seriously tho, I hope things improve x
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 am

I have been by myself 4 yrs now, and although it has its disadvantages and can get lonely it also has many advantages. I don't have to apologise when I need to rest, or have no energy to do anything, and for the first time in my life I can please myself. It would be liberating if it wasn't for the CFS/ME and fibro.

I couldn't cope with living with anyone at all now, as the previous post said we have enough to contend with as it is.

I know may of you have supportive partners, and you are the lucky ones, but in general most people are very selfish and have no consideration for others at all.

All the best to you, and be kind to yourself x x x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby littlemac0191 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:01 pm

I think fibro is stressful enough without having to deal with a second person. I am married too and my husband has ME so of course he is far worse than me !! it is a man flu thing. Try to discuss things more with your hubbie, I used to just shut up and put up, not any more, i speak my mind a lot more and let him know he is stressing me out. It does help, it takes a while before he realises I am no longer a push over ,but we are getting there, it has helped to reduce my stress levels as I no longer bottle things up. Try it, it cannot make things any worse. good luck and thinking of you.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby Sipsmith » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks for your replies - my husband is great on the "need to rest" "help with shopping" "cooking" "household chores" so.......why do I have to gripe - he cannot understand my short window of opportunity, of having to do things NOW! It always seems to be, just a coffee and a ciggie then we go, oh I wanted to ..... that is the beginning of my stress, from there on it mounts and mounts at the slightest thing.

Today is a better day, we are at home and life is manageable, the sun is shining and I just planted 5 pansies!

I don't want to give up days out but they always seem to turn into stressful situations.
Hopefully we can afford to visit friends at the beach in a warm country where he can go and fish and swim and dive - I can relax in the heat and rest.
Sipsmith
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:11 pm

U sound a lot like me .but I'm my worse enemy in the end.ive had to learn the hard way that u can't control others ppl.even when there driving u nuts.and I don't mean like a control freck .just simple things u want to do now but the other half wants to wait 40 mins .yes I no how that feels, but getting stressed just makes u feel ill and your using energy doing it.now I get go sit down with a cuppa till he is ready .sure I still get wind up but I do know that the more u push a donkey the harder it digs in hoofs in . :nono: xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia