Stress is most definitely a factor!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stress is most definitely a factor!

Postby Picklepudding » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I went for a few weeks with little pain. Since finding out 2 weeks ago that my son didn't get allocated any of his 4 grammar school places and having to start the whole appeals process, my pain is returning. I'm limping again, my joints are hurting my tiredness levels are worse than ever. Stress affects me badly...I need to lead a stress free life!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Stress is most definitely a factor!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:56 pm

FM absolutely adores stress :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: Even the slightest sniff of it is enough to set its juicies flowing and start making a few jabs and stabs, just to remind you that it's still lurking around, even tho it may have been much quieter for a while :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset:

I wish is was possible to lead a 100% stress~free life, I know how different I am and how I feel when things are more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: rather than :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :waiting:

In amongst all the chaos and confusion that life throws at us, making some time just for ourselves try and relax is now an absolute necessity :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Find some times thru each day where you can do something that makes you feel better in yourself, such as listening to some music you enjoy, reading a book or indulging yourself in a really nice soak in the bath. Life still goes on around us, but having some times where you can completely distance yourself from it can help make dealing with it all a little more manageable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby littlemac0191 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Fluffypuppy made me smile, thanks for all the great smilies. I totally agree I sm so much worse when I am stressed, and as fibro stresses me out I am on a roundabout lol thanks for the smile/ karen
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Maybe some fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust coated [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] will help as well Karen :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Stress :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: I used to think I strived on stress :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: what a lemon I am :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with flup a nice warm bubbly bath does wonders for the soul and helps me relax..... till I have to get out :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby babelicious dc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Yes stress is a big factor... I had immense stress for years then things got sorted an it is only now I have wondered why I am feeling so bad in pain... I always put it down to being stressed but even a family arguement or anticipation to got some where sets of pain or fog... Sometimes I can hear myself talking and thinking what's the hell are you saying you sound drunk!!! Not nice
babelicious dc
UKFM Newbie

Postby bobomason » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:19 pm

My life is such a mess at the moment. My partner and I are going our separate ways (my choice). I am still living with her trying to help her sort the house out ready to sell it even though it is her house. I will eventually move 180 miles away to my Mum's. My ex asked me to stay as she can't afford to stay in the house without my contribution. I've agreed to stay until the end of May even though everyone else thinks I'm mad and I should just leave. I know I could do that but I feel guilty she has to sell the house and I couldn't live with myself if I left right now. One of the many reasons our relationship broke down is because she didn't believe that I have fibro. The stress of the situation is significantly increased the pain and my stupidness. I'm not sure if anyone can help as such, but just typing this has helped a little as I've got it off my chest, so to speak. Sorry to pickle that I'm absolutely no help to you hun x
I let my mind wander....it never came back!
bobomason
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia