constant sore throat and lymph nodes swelling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

constant sore throat and lymph nodes swelling

Postby Wackers34 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:32 pm

How many people with fibro have this - like pretty non stop? It drives me bonkers

I possibly have CFS also as a result of this, but wondered if anyone with just fibro has it and what has helped? I have tried OTC meds, honey, gargling salt allsorts...I was tested for lymphoma because of my glands and all was clear

It could be from meds - after ages of being on amitriptyline I have just swapped to nortiptyline...

I have told doc about it numerous times and she just says viral - she did a swab and nothing bacterial showed up..but if its viral why wont it just go away???

What i want to hear is what have people tried to help it and if people have CFS also, how long can it take to go away...will it ever?!

Many thanks :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: constant sore throat and lymph nodes swelling

Postby Wackers34 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 pm

thanks - yes i have also cleared up my diet - havent started yoga yet but want to try...Im already on probiotic and prob need to stick with it a bit longer...I have cut down sugar, cut out caffeine, aspartame and thinking about doing juicing

CFS - Is chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E

It can sometimes go hand in hand with fibro
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby kp007 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:56 pm

The sore throat thing is more ME/CFS, but I have both and the conditions are very very similar, but the Fibromyalgia is more pain orientated and CFS is more fatigue orientated..so when you have both you really can't differentiate between the two...you just know you feel like S :swear1: e...it will take as long as it wants to go I am afraid..nothing will get rid, just drugs to help alleviate the symptoms, if ya lucky..
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of expletive and replacement with emoticon.
kp007
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Everyone with Fibromyalgia suffers from chronic fatigue at some point or other but Chronic Fatigue Syndrome comes on after a bacterial infection of some kind or other but usually something big like glandular fever. If you have no fever and are not unwell have you thought that it might be fungus such as thrush, which can happen because the medications change your body chemistry. Try gargling with the following: tablespoon of distilled witch hazel and and half a glass of warm water. Repeat several times a day. If it then goes but then comes back it could be the medications.

You would also need to change your toothbrush and keep to using the cup for a few days unless you have a dish washer. Hope that helps.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia