cold wet legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cold wet legs

Postby jayj » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:03 pm

hi do any of you suffer from cold legs my legs seem to be cold all the time and when i bend my knee it feels like its wet but its not
thanks
jayj
UKFM Member

Re: cold wet legs

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Yes I no the wet feeling a good few months ago now we had a tread saying some of us had that feeling of water or being wet on parts of they body.believe it or not it's nerve endings . :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby babelicious dc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 pm

I've had this on and off for 12 years...
babelicious dc
UKFM Newbie

Postby Libby Clark » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:22 pm

I have a feeling of heat that runs down the back of my legs, feels just like I am wetting myself!
Always makes me jump and then my foot tingles.
Yep nerve damage :( :(
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby jayj » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:26 pm

How do cope with it does medication work im on pregablin only low dose but its not working and I dont like the side effects with an higher dose
jayj
UKFM Member

Postby jackaddict » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 pm

I get something similar in my feet. They feel like I've been out in the snow and then come in to a hot house, a bit like chilblains. It only started recently and I must mention it to my doctor.
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby catastrophie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 am

Hi, so many symptoms unsure which are Fibro. For the last 6 Months I has been having sweats all day but more on the night. I wake up soaked wet through. My legs a dripping wet as well as the covers but then I start shivering. I just don't seem to be able to control my temreture any more. Went to the Rhumertologist and my BP was 149/100 I think so she said it was high. Never suffered with it before so unsure how high that was lol.
catastrophie
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlemac0191 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi, I am also wet all the time, my temperature is all over the place, my feet re always freezing and my arms are cold to touch.I thought I was just going through the change but according to blood tests not yet. I have a period every 2 weeks and am usually on for a fortnight. Totally fed up. Sick of being soaking wet, neck, forehead, back, behind my knees, even my wrists. I carry a fan with me everywhere and couldnt do without it now. Is there any hope forus I wonder. !!
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby not.giving.in » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello,

Yes I get the phantom wets, sometimes it feels as if water is dripping on me from above and once in a while it feels like I've had a bucket of cold water thrown on my leg. Even when I can see my jeans are dry and everything is fine, I still feel cold wet fabric sticking to my skin. I find the best response is just to check it's not real and then have a laugh about how weird my body is. There is a long list of bizarre events created by lying nerve endings in my diary.

Different from actual hot sweats - I get those too, and when I'm not far too hot I'm shivery and chilly. Not sure if it is Fibro stuff or hormone stuff, as I've got to that age, or a mix of the two. Recently I've had to subdue a panic reaction in my chest when the hot sweat starts as well.

I always find that being able to laugh at my weird body is a hugely helpful response, can't always do it of course but practice helps.

Hang in there, gentle hugs
Jules
not.giving.in
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia