Cant take any more

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cant take any more

Postby traceywatson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:07 am

I am at my wits end now with my face.I can't go out as my eyes look soooo bad. They are so red underneath with big bags, i look like i have been crying for a week. My face burns, itches, and has electric shocks, my jaw and chheks and forehead feel tight and I have tried to massage around my eyes but the muscles are so tight. I just can't take any more. Been to docs who is referring me to an eye doc, but its actually my face that is making my eyes look so bad. I dread getting out of bed as I just can;t face another day of it. Has anyone had bad fibro in their face before?
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Re: Cant take any more

Postby johanna symons » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:35 am

Hi there, i have tmj and had a screw inserted into the joint but it's all gone wrong. My face has dropped, eyes water muscles are so tight. I use a tens machine and it helps
johanna symons
UKFM Newbie

Postby jmitch79 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am

Hi there, I have fibro but I also have trigeminal nuralgia which causes shocks in the face. These start just about ur eye level and go down the side of ur cheek, it can also go across ur forehead. You can get medication to treat this. I was prescribed carbamazepine !!!!
I hope this helps u.

J
jmitch79
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Tracey, can you try and get some "selfies" taken showing how the areas on your face are affected??? You could then take them with you to see your GP and show them how it makes you look. Try making some notes about how you're feeling too, and take these with you when you go, as it's sounding more and more like you need to make an appt pretty soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia