Think I have just found out what a flare is :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Think I have just found out what a flare is :(

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 am

God I feel bad :cry: I woke up with agonising pain in every inch of my body. I usually wake up stiff and sore but this is a million times worse. I managed to take tramadol and two ibuprofen that hubby brought up. I lay down again but just couldnt get comfortable. So i dragged myself to the bathroom as hot baths normally do the trick. As soon as the water was running i put epsom salts into the bath and sat in there. It was hard to climb out and hard to even dry myself. I cant remember pain like this. Took me ages to dry, my shoulders hurt and tired out as soon as i lifted them. I am now in my onesie as thats all i could get on. Still in so much pain :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Think I have just found out what a flare is :(

Postby momsy05 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 am

Poor you, this really is such an awful condition :cry: :cry: .I have been to pain clinic this week and the doctor said that every single fibro patient she has seen in the past few weeks has been so much worse :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

My consultant puts it down to all the wet weather, she says air pressure also plays a major roll.She has sugested i go onto a high dose vit d tablet and also magnesium tablet, maybe this would be of some help to you.

Really hope you feel a little better as the day goes on.

wish you well......gentle hugs

Lorraine
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 am

Sorry to hear things are flarey for you, a good number of us seem to have been hit by the flare~minions recently. Mine is now known as Kevin as we've been together for such a long time :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

If you are considering adding something supplement~wise to what you may already taking, please seek advice first. High does of Vit D can cause a number of problems, as well as being difficult for the body to get rid of. It causes the liver to produce too much of a chemical called 25(OH)D.

When 25(OH)D levels are too high, high levels of calcium can develop in the blood, a condition called hypercalcemia. Symptoms of hypercalcemia can include:

feeling sick or being sick
poor appetite or loss of appetite
feeling very thirsty
passing urine often
constipation or diarrhea
abdominal pain
muscle weakness or pain
feeling confused
feeling tired

In rare diseases, there may be a risk of hypercalcemia even if vitamin D levels are low and only a low amount of vitamin D has been taken.

There are also potential problems with Magnesium, esp at high dosages. It might cause too much magnesium to build up in the body, causing serious side effects including an irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, confusion, slowed breathing, coma, and death.

I'm not trying to :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: you (or anyone else either.) Where supplements, complimentary treatments, remedies etc are concerned, the possibility of interactions with meds, both prescribed and otc, can sometimes be overlooked, or may not even be known about. So seeking advice from a suitably qualified professional before starting off on something is always advisable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby momsy05 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:35 am

Thankyou for warning us of the dangers fluppyPuffy, my health consultant hadn't made any mention of this,little bit of an eye opener, you tend to think supplements are ok but as you say can pose a real risk.

Once again many thanks

lorraine
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby littlemac0191 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm

LOL, just love the fact of calling our flare up a name. Will ponder on mine.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 pm

If you want some Vitamin D sit in the sun. 10 mins 3x a week should be enough to keep you going for 8 weeks. We may not have had much sun, but we have had a little between the rain clouds.

As for a name for my flare - i am not sure i should write it on here ... but it made me laugh :lol:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:13 pm

It's not the flare that is Kevin, it's all the cruddiness in my health that combines to make up Kevin. And when things start, all I need to say to OH is that Kevin has been throwing tantrums and he knows what I'm on about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you ask Mr Googly about FibroMinions there are all sorts of things come up. The purple minions are the evil versions of the yellow minions in Despicable Me 2, they're changed by the bad guy :shock: :shock: :shock: And just like FM, the purple minions and unpredictable and rather volatile. OH bought me a purple plushy minion, the evil version of Kevin from both films, and he's now become the physical representation of my various conditions :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

This is what Kevin looks like, and some of the things he represents FM~wise for me:
Attachments
7 Purple Minions Of Fibromyalgia.jpg
7 Purple Minions Of Fibromyalgia.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
Evil Kevin Minion.jpg
Evil Kevin Minion.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Yep they look like me in the morning lol
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby kerensasdad » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:59 am

I have a name for my flare ups but it's not suitable for showing here. I'm in the midst of a bad one now and it's getting to me.
kerensasdad
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Now I. Going to have to get me a pet name for my fibro ,I had one for my tumor it was called Trevor after my ex hehe.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:34 am

I know tumours really shouldn't be laughed about, but knowing that you called yours Trevor has really tickled me PP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for that on this rather hurty Monday morning :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Spaced out » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 am

I have flare ups more frequently now and it's getting me down. When I. Was first diagnosed with fibro I wondered what all the fuss was about, 10 years later and boy now I know..... Try running a hot shower on u and just stand under it for a while. Hope u u feel a bit better soon, if not try to rest xx
Spaced out
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia