Indigestion

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Indigestion

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:53 pm

I suffer real bad even before all these pills I take Zantac dr gives me with gastro pill but he never gives me enough I must tell him, anyway anyone else suffer really bad .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Indigestion

Postby Jeany » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:52 am

Yes I take Omeperzole for acid refux, which gets so bad at times the acid burns holes in my esophagus. When I have the stomach ulcers I am really ill for a few months until they heal, I have to get up and vomit during the night and can lose a stone in weight a month, because my stomach won't accept food and only little sips of water. I need to watch what I eat all the time no fizzy drinks, fruit also upsets my stomach, and alcohol and cigarettes are irritants.

I worry that I may need to go and have Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery to tighten the valve which is allowing the acid to come up from my stomach. This has been going on for 9 years now at intervals, and is quite serious. I have had the endoscopy ( camera down the throat ) twice, and barium swallow.

If it is bad and you get acid reflux you need to go back to your GP.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Re: Indigestion

Postby hilbabe » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 am

Many fb sufferers can have a sensitity to gluten that can show itself as indigestion. Have you been tested or adjusted your diet at all? That might help you. :-D
hilbabe
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia