Pain Flare???

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain Flare???

Postby Manxman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 am

Can't sleep...again, so I thought I would share my feelings. It's good to share, apparently!!!

Since being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia nearly a year ago, I have been quietly (in my head) questioning the diagnosis.

I seem to suffer from nearly all the symptoms....stiffness, chronic fatigue, really bad fog, dizziness, not handling stress, anxiety etc...but not the real high pain levels that most of you guys seem to really suffer with. That was, up until about 4 or 5 days ago!!! I think I have now hit a 'Pain Flare'!!! I feel as though I have been hit by a bus, then beaten with a baseball bat!!! My torso is very painful and aching all over. My higher back and neck feels as though I've been stabbed by a dozen knives. My arms feel very heavy and sore, especially from the elbow down, and the back of my hands feel as though they have been hit with a hammer!!! My legs are not too bad but my feet feel like they have been in shoes 2 or 3 sizes too small for a few days!!!

Apart from that, I feel fine!!! lol

I hope you guys that are suffering have some good days asap!!!

Take care

Bod
Manxman
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain Flare???

Postby nicola75 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:58 am

Hi,

So I'm not the only one awake at this stupid hour lol. I'm going through a bad flare too and have been surviving on a couple of hours sleep a night for the last 2 weeks. FM really does suck, hopefully we'll get some relief from this soon. Try to stay strong and think positive.

Nic :-)
nicola75
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 am

The FibroMinions throwing tantrums seem to be affecting a fair number of us at the moment :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Things have definitely been turned all the way up to 11 for us :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I'm back to feeling like I have someone else's legs, I wouldn't mind so much if they looked better and were somewhat more shapely than my own, but they not :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 am

Welcome to the wide awake club hehe, I lay there all night like a prat.i went for months with only tiredness as my only symptom.but then bang bit by bit the pain crept in. I have same feeling in my arms as u .most days I just hurt but I can keep going and most ppl wouldn't know unless they knew me. I don't remember waking up pain free for over a year now,in fact I think if I did I'd worry what was wrong lol xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby carishasafia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:13 am

its awful luv..I was like that most of last week I'm just coming round now..hope you feel a little better soon :lol:
carishasafia
UKFM Newbie

Postby carishasafia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 am

all i feel now is :sick: it take some time to recovery fully
from a flare by time you are feeling better bammmm another one rears its ugly head...good luck :-D
carishasafia
UKFM Newbie

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi Bod

Not everyone has the cripplingly high pain levels all the time, mine are management with OTC meds.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia