The change I'm not having

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The change I'm not having

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

So cut a long story short I went to the dr periods lasting a fortnight of a week back on then nothing for two months and so on.hot sweats look like I'm sunburned I go so red. Anyway had blood tests and was told nope your not going through the memo yet ,so what the hell is it.its been going on two years dr never even said pre memo yet both my mum and grandma started there's at 45 I'm 41. Can't all be fibro can it .if so I'm going to beat it with a stick grrrrrrrr
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: The change I'm not having

Postby alisoncunliffe0708 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi what medication do you take? I used to take Nortriptiline, Duloxatine & Venlafaxine which caused symptoms of the change. I too had bloods test etc and am not going through the change it was due to the medication that I have now come off and have been prescribed different drugs.
alisoncunliffe0708
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi I have the same and also bin told not my meno im 47. Think it cud b meds I get really bad night sweats. Wot meds r u on?
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Tramadol paracetamol and citilpram anti D I been on for years.thats it
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lese loo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

hi
I went to the docs with the same he told me all normal. 1 month later I saw a differrent gp about my foot ,he asked me why I wasn't taking hrt told him why he said my bloods say that I am but he also said all gp differ on the results and wont do anything till 3 lots of tests come back .so maybe see a different gp and see what they say good luck
lese loo
UKFM Newbie

Postby suz1964 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Mmmm sounds a bit like myself. I started a gd 6 months+ ago getting sweats and not just at night during the day as well. Ive been on co-codamol and lyrca for a gd 18mths after damaging my arm and then diagnosed with FM. and when I mentioned to the gp about this sweating and could it be my age and he basically laughed in my face. Told him I will be 50 next birthday but he wasnt having anything of it. Was diagnosed with hypothyroidsm in 2010.. So why do I still feel like cr** and sweat a lot just like yourself. Havent had a period for two years either. Have an app tomorrow with different doc to go over recent blood tests and get my monthly Accupuncture so will see im going to mention it again all this sweating is not healthy and very embarrasing at times as you know :roll:
suz1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Ok....I started having irregular periods, heavy bleeding then nothing at around 35 . At 40 I had my last period. I went through all the flushes etc being soaked to the skin. I wrote it off to fibro, LOL me! Finally after a few years I mentioned it to the Dr and he put me on HRT and within 10 days there was a huge change .

Now I know that meds can do this. I also have no thyroid, cancer and am on Eltroxin but it was the HRT that made the difference.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby littlemac0191 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi, not glad everyone else is experiencing the same as me but bloody relieved. for over 6 years I have been having periods every two weeks, hot flushes, heavy painful periods etc. Now I have then 10 days to 2 weeks lasting 2 weeks, just waiting for yet again tests to see if I am going through the change, fibro messes with everything. My mum also went through the change early, she also has fibro. I have been tested 3 times over the years and still no sign of it. I sympathise with everyone, I find the nightime the worst, boiling hot, then freezing cold, have a hard enough time getting some sleep without all this extra palava. lol. good luck everyone.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 am

I had hysterectomy and ovaries removed 10 years ago, immediate menopause, so its deffo the meds with the sweats n stuff, was just 50 last week. It doesn't matter which ones, most of the time its the co codamol, but on other occasions its the antidepressants
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am

loverliesgal wrote:I had hysterectomy and ovaries removed 10 years ago, immediate menopause, so its deffo the meds with the sweats n stuff, was just 50 last week. It doesn't matter which ones, most of the time its the co codamol, but on other occasions its the antidepressants

Quite often women who have a total hysterectomy, ovaries removed, actually go through more severe menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. I am not sure if it is due to the sudden onset rather than slowly entering menopause.
Symptoms that go along with menopause, post menopause, can last for years.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: The change I'm not having/ But Apparently I am NOW

Postby littlemac0191 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi just an update on my previous reply to this post, I had all the symptoms posted, and had them for years, frequent and long periods, day and night sweats etc. Been checked over the last 6 years periodically for the menopause, the last time being back end of 2012. Apparently your hormone count in the blood needs to be above 10 which shows you are starting the menopause. Mine must have been below at that time. Just had my latest blood results back and scored 70 in just over a year since my last test, no wonder I have been all over the place. Fibro does play a large part in messing with your periods but even the Dr. was shocked at the massive increase. He says things should start to settle down now I flaming well hope so. Good luck everyone.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby DebiP10 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:47 am

Why dont Drs listen to us? i too have irregular periods for the past 3 years. can go 3 months without one then bang!!! i get one without any notice and its lasts weeks, i cant go out cos within 30 mins im soaked through everything. I mentioned my night sweats and day ones to my Dr and he just grinned at me and not once tested me for meno, even when i got my smear last year i mentioned everything to the nurse doing it and all she said was keep an eye on it its prob just your age :roll: i honestly feel like im fobbed off and ignored, left to take stupid amounts of tablets that dont really take a lot of the pain away :( i away back to my Drs on Tuesday for a good old moan i hope hes prepared for it, im 47 and feel 87.
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

I've had this since I started my periods, unfortunately it was Polycystic overies i had. have you asked to be tested for them? I have an abnormally high testosterone level causing mine but it is only one if the causes of Polycystic overies, now with hormone pills I just get the joys of night sweats and day sweats from the fibro (wouldn't mind so much if I only got them in winter and got the inability to get warm bit in the summer) xx

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:19 pm

There I was about to start a new topic. Since it's started to be less freezingout there, I've been sweating like a madwoman and at night my feet are freezing but the rest of me is so hot, I need the fan on.
Not happy, I don't know how I'm gonna cope once the real summer is here. I wasn't this bad last year, this time last year my aches and pains were enjoying the warmth and calmed down.

And then periods. So irregular, it's driving me nuts. Can go two months without, then one super heavy and 2 weeks later another one. The only good thing is, since I've changed my diet to the caveman diet (with slight changes) I'm not craving chocolates before and am gettingless headaches before. But Fibro is kicking me just as bad or even worse. Sometimes I hate being female lol

Helen I totally agree, would be great if we could reprogram our bodies to producehit flashes in the winterinstead of summer.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:35 am

Well I have to say morning are the worse for being hot one sip of my tea and I'm pouring with sweat. And at the same time I can be shivering its madness, I bleed so heavy the other morning I needed to mop the bathroom floor how I made it to the bathroom il never no I have never bleed like that before.it was bad all day and I felt I was going to pass out.everytime I moved was like a leacking stream ensign .it's calmed down now but it's my second week and I'm still on grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :crazy:
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia