night sweats

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

night sweats

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi all just wondering weather any1 experience night sweats with fibro don't think its link but dnt no 2 much bout fibro at mo but I'm quite concerned I don't hardly sweat at all during the day and 4 the last 2months I have been having these night sweat or that's what I think they r I wake up cold and soak!! It's horrible my partner ask my last night have a wet myself because the bed was soak its not nice :( I have no different duvet don't have heating on at night window open no change in medication I'm on amtripline maybe it could be that confused [FLUSHED FACE]sorry all 4 running on lol xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Re: night sweats

Postby whoami » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Emma...this could be a variety of things.....medication, menopause, it can start early, thyroid, I could add more.

Have you told your Dr about these night sweats? If so what was the results of the conversation?

I also have issues with night sweats and mine are a combination of things.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby alisoncunliffe0708 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Amitriptiline could be the cause of it. I was taking duloxetine which caused horrid hot sweats at night and nightmares have stopped the drug now and a sleep much better. I had all the blood tests for the change etc which came back negative.
alisoncunliffe0708
UKFM Newbie

Postby DRM » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm exactly the same Emma & docs have told me it's fibro related. Not nice, but lucky I'm single so no one complains! It's been worse the last few nights as I've been trying a new cream & the sweat seems to react with it so I've woken up soaked, shivering with really stinging pain. I haven't discovered anything that helps this sorry.
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby nickyv32 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 pm

I have awful night sweats and I am not on any medication at the moment at all. I have had Fibro for at least 10 years so I feel it may go with the problem generally :roll:
nickyv32
UKFM Newbie

Postby Katie Louise » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 pm

I have really bad night sweats as well as hot flushes during the day

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

I have bad night sweats and in warm weather my head sweats too. I'm on amitriptyline and serterline and my gp thinks it's the meds :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Thank you 4 all yr replys I haven't spoke 2 my doc bout it yet have app in couple of wks so will make sure I tell her. I'm 27 so I hope it's not the menopause :( I have had a thyroid test a couple of months ago and I was ok my medication I have been on floxideine 4 about 2yrs and amtripline bout 5 months and cocodemol as and when I need it! Last night was awful even my knees and feet was wet and its got me thinking 2day [FLUSHED FACE] weather I should ask dr bout it. Sorry 4 asking silly question I'm newly diagnosed and still don't no much about fibro. Yes it's not nice when my partner think I have wet myself lol thank you all feel much better knowing that it can be related 2 fibro sending you all hugs xxxx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby suz1964 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi Emma im the same :( i started a gd few months ago and had a load of blood tests done last month that came back clear. Ive had FM for a year now and take cocodamol for pain and lyrca at night to help me sleep. Doc dosent think its fibro related and trying to rule out others first. More bloods done today as doc thinks it could be menopause. Even though im hypo all thyroid tests came back normal so this was the next thing to try. Im 50 this year and periods stopped two years ago. I also sweat off and on during the day. Do you? They say that fibro and hypothyroidism are quite similar. Have you had your thyroid checked? :roll:
suz1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi suz my bloods r all normal but have never been 2 doc bout these night sweat yet. My thyroid is normal 2. No I don't sweat during the day I never have I'm always dry even when it's really warm ect. What is hypothyroidism? Sorry I dnt no much lol xxxx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

And when I wake up throw the night I'm cold but damp if that make sense [FLUSHED FACE]

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby suz1964 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi Emma im the same :( i started a gd few months ago and had a load of blood tests done last month that came back clear. Ive had FM for a year now and take cocodamol for pain and lyrca at night to help me sleep. Doc dosent think its fibro related and trying to rule out others first. More bloods done today as doc thinks it could be menopause. Even though im hypo all thyroid tests came back normal so this was the next thing to try. Im 50 this year and periods stopped two years ago. I also sweat off and on during the day. Do you? They say that fibro and hypothyroidism are quite similar. Have you had your thyroid checked? :roll: . Hypothyroidism is under active thyroid. Thats how I feel but im sure your not pre menopause lol
suz1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby A18fxy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Wow I've been confused by my night sweats, and thought it was just me. I'm 32 and was diagnosed with FM last Feb. I've been to see 2 Dr's about it, 1 tried to give me amitripyline which didn't make a difference and the other said it's due to anxiety. I'm only on fluoxetine and take Naproxen and co-codamol for the pain. I don't think the Dr know what to say, my thyroid is fine and I've had numerous blood tests, I did wonder if it was the menopause!! :(
A18fxy
UKFM Newbie

Postby jackaddict » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm

I've been getting night sweats for years, never thought anything of it until recently. Maybe I should mention it to my doctor.
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby sticks999 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Emma, I too have night sweats along with my day sweats! I've had all the tests going and nothing has been found, all Docs say it's part of the fibro and don't know why it happens. I've been put on to Pro-Banthine tablets and these are stopping the severe sweating day and night, wish I'd been given them 10 years ago as they have made such a difference to my life!! If the sweating is disrupting your life I'd ask to try them, side effects cause mouth dryness....but it wears off.
sticks999
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia