My legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My legs

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:56 pm

My legs are doing my head in. They feel weak and so heavy.when I go to bed it's like there so tired I can't move them but then I get the jerks they ache but it's not painful I can't explain it.i just wish I could make it stop at night,moan over xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: My legs

Postby tazgirl02uk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 am

I suffer with my legs a lot too when trying to sleep. If you suffer with the same pain as me a describe it as a dull ache, most of my pain is at the side of my shin bone and my thighs and wakes me up too. Would be greatful if anyone as any ways of helping with this.
tazgirl02uk
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lisalou » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 am

I find padding my legs and under the knees with pillows really helps. Hope you get some rest. Xx lisa xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby FibroAng » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 am

I know just what you mean, I get that a lot, even if I am sitting on sofa, I will have to go up to bed to rest, I can't take the twitches or the ache, it really is annoying...grrr.
FibroAng
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:00 am

I get similar too my my ankle s are worse. I find rubbing foot cream in at night helps and c
cushions. Also warm bath lots of people r saying epsom salts help. Wot meds r u on.? :crazy:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby shazzg1969 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 am

I too suffer with my legs, no energy, twitching/jerking/kicking during the night. Always kicking my poor hubby. He timed me once and said I kick out every 20 seconds. My GP said to drink bottled mineral water - something to do with the electrolytes and tbh it has helped. I was very sceptical. Not gone away fully but much easier.

Sending gentle hugs to everyone xx
shazzg1969
UKFM Newbie

Postby Leslieann » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 am

Hi, I suffer so badly with my legs, constant leg ache , hurting and twitching!!! So much pain it makes me feel sick!!!
The only thing that I find helps a little is using pillows under and round my legs and a heat pad where they hurt the most which is usually on my calves!
I hope this helps and I am sending gentle hugs!!
Leslieann
Leslieann
UKFM Newbie

Postby Suse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 am

I have a burning sensation in both of my legs which seems to get much worse at night. If I sleep with pillows under my knees it seems to help a little. I feel sorry for my poor husband trying to avoid making contact with me in the night in case he hurts me. The slightest touch causes pain. So frustrating.
Suse
UKFM Newbie

Postby crazy cat lady » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 am

I was prescribed Pramipexole for restless legs, it has worked really well after suffering all my life with this problem.
crazy cat lady
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 am

I suffer with my legs have for as long as i have had Fibro, other then pain relief not a lot i can do, have gone from using one stick for support to two, and the physio decided i had to use a walker with wheels, that is a great help and makes my walking a bit easier.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby linnylou » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:38 am

Yes I get the same I put my electric blanket on low all night it helps a little and a bath before bed helps.
Does anyone else get swollen face and painful jaw along with all the other things?? xx
linnylou
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:28 pm

I get swollen face but I think that more to do with the biscuit tin :lol: no really I've not heard of that one myself ankles swollen at time through.thanks for replays I shall ask dr about that pill cat lady. And I will try some pillows only thing is I get a very bad back if I sleep on it.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 pm

I was on hols in Marrakech when I first saw this. Having a nightmare. My head had been hurting so much and then the legs kicked in. I think it is the worst pain I've been in for a long time. So frustrated. There I was in the warmth but had to go to bed. That night just did not sleep. So much pain and dreading the plane flight home. My husband was wonderful. But I'm just so frustrated. Fortunately had eased off a bit by the plane journey though still uncomfortable. Now they are ok which is good. But theatre tonight and that always is difficult. I'm determined to keep doing these things but God is it getting harder.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby mjk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 am

My worst leg pain is when my vit D levels get low they are so painful I hobble along and they also twitch.
my current level is 25 so im back on adcal D3 and can already see an improvement.
mjk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia