Not well

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not well

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Well my little one got this very nasty heavy cold lost her voice the lot it's been a week but she seems brighter and talking.shr got dr tomorrow anyway so il get her looked over.so yes now I got it .cant sleep as throat hurts period from hell on top even tramadol not touching the back cramps.
Has anyone ever had this feeling like your looking from inside your own body out .like somehow you have fallen inside your own head and everyone else around you isn't really there.omg I sound nuts.like if u look at your hands they don't seem your own.go on say it cocooooooo. :yikes:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Not well

Postby Lindilou » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm

painprincess1 wrote:Has anyone ever had this feeling like your looking from inside your own body out .like somehow you have fallen inside your own head and everyone else around you isn't really there.omg I sound nuts.like if u look at your hands they don't seem your own.go on say it cocooooooo. :yikes:

When in a deep phase of sleep and sometimes when awake - yes most certainly.
Last edited by Lindilou on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindilou

Postby Manxman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi PainPrincess1

At the risk of sounding like a complete weirdo.....

About this time last year, before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I was having some very weird symptoms. When talking to someone, I felt as though I was stood just behind myself WATCHING myself have the conversation. When driving, I felt like I was sat behind myself WATCHING myself drive. Whenever I did anything that needed some form of concentration I seemed to have this debilitating 'detached' sensation. The only way I can begin to describe it is it was like an out of body feeling. I'm now 99.9% sure it is a 'Head Fog' symptom but it really scared me at first. I thought I was losing my mind. Maybe you are suffering with something similar???

The 'Head Fog' part of Fibromyalgia has proved to be the worst part of the illness for me. If I'm in a room with more than one person talking, I seem to suffer from what I have called Noise Dyslexia. It's as if everyone is talking a completely different language. I can't seem to concentrate on anything. I just get like a Sensory Overload.

I would REALLY like to explain it better so as not to make myself sound like a weirdo but I cant.

Cheers

Bod
Manxman
UKFM Newbie

Postby zoomie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Your not mad! I get the same " not in my own body" feeling, it's quite scary being that detached from yourself! I get this very often now, generally along side doing something only to realise what I'm doing half way through... kind of, how did that g happen!
I hope the virus doesn't get a good hold on you xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

I've first experienced this when I was diagnosed with depression a couple of years ago. The doctor called it dissociation and said that it can bea coping mechanism for many things, including stress or even boredom.

Found it quite scary but knowing it's not dangerous and I'm not going completely insane helped me to accept that it's just part of my system.

Manxman, I get this noise dyslexia and sensory overload too. Makes me feel like somethingbad is going to happen and I just want to run and get away. I now carry my mp3 player or phone with headphones with me. They blockall othernoise and I canlisten to some relaxing sounds if I'm on a bus or train. :-)
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia