pain?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain?

Postby dobber » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 am

Hi all. Just a quicky. Does your pain increase when you do light work and also do your limbs and body stiffen? Thanks in advance :-?
BEER the cause of and solution to all of lifes little problems ;-)
dobber
UKFM Member

Re: pain?

Postby Mahboobeh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 am

It's horrible illness, since 2012 that start my diagnose , it's getting worse , Gp raised my doses but doesn't help , I can not get of bed before late evening aah lose day light and problem with night sleep ,, got fog brain , fatigue , knee pain , shoulder , neck, elbow, wrist , some fingers, hip and growing pain, stiffnes ;( lost my wish so got deep depression , anxiety
Some day get bad headache and backache getting worse , hurting and flare up badly most days a week ... Feel dizzy and my legs feels so week to walk , I'm just so happy I don't have little kids as my 3 children are adults and they even help me to manage my life :-|
Mahboobeh
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:26 am

Hi you need to really pace yourself when doing job just do a little then rest. I always find a nice warm bath helps with painful limbs and is relaxing too. Hydrotherapy is also good as u do gentle exercises In warm water. Ask ur gp if there is a hydro pool at ur hospital also ask if u anccan b referred for acupuncture it really helped my pain
and headaches. Good luck :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby Aldon40 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 am

Hey I have had fm for over four years only diagnosed two years ago, I am on so many meds it's untrue nothing seems to be working. I also am awaiting an operation on my neck which I'm not looking forward to. The pain is getting worse not better I hardly walk as my back and legs cause me so much pain so I understand where your coming from.. I'm having emergency physio tomorrow as I can't sit down.. I am currently not working because of the fm and they are looking at ill retirement but I need to find out what I will get for that. I applied for pip last September and have not even had my face to face yet unbelievable.. I hope they soon find a cure for this horrible illness.x
Aldon40
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 am

That not easy to answer really as everyone is different pain wise. For some light work really hurts and of other light work helps keep the stiffness away. You will find morning your stiff what ever you do. And any time you may of sat for to long. Some days I'm ok but other I hurt just making a cup of tea..I must say for me moving is the best thing as I'm a lot worse doing nothing.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 am

Has anyone noted the warnings on tv about the atmosphere at the moment, my dr once said to me that atmospheric pressure would affect me, and I have found that it does, yesterday and today, my whole body feels to heavy to move around, its a different kind of pain to what I call my every day pain and its not a flare up, but I can usally say when the weather is on the change, I wonder if any one can relate to this? lots of love
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:04 am

I have had to stop most of the pills due to overload and side affects, not sure what's next. Pain no worse so it does make me wonder if the pills were doing anything useful in the first place????

I find a hot bath helps with my limbs go hay-wire.

I am also very uncoordinated and i think that is because i am not sleeping, yet again.

Meditation helps me go to sleep, but doesn't always work to get me back to sleep if i happen to wake up.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby PennyJ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 am

Hi all, I have got pain in my neck and elbow today because I did a little bit of gardening yesterday, and also the weather today is wet and I am sure that does affect me. If its cold outside I get pains in my back and knees, so on these days I am stuck in the house. If I do go out I am wrapped up so much and look ridiculous. Getting quite good on Candy Crush though!
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby PennyJ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

A reply to dejay.. I believe that atmospheric pressure does affect our bodies I certainly know the difference when it rains..I ache so much more and get fibro fog (not too bad) as I take CoQ10 enzyme and they do work for me most of the time.
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby Amberk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Hey i totally can relate to this, my pains has worsened and gone to other parts of my body over the years causing other problems.
but just been for them to look,at my feet podiatrist sent me, and only slight swelling. They feel like they're going to shatter especially on mornings. The podiatrist said likely from the nerve damage to my spine, but after the hospital looked,at them he is sending me for a scan on my spine but seems to think it could be arthritis all i need!
does anyone else suffer this pain? Or have any advice
please
Amberk
UKFM Member

Postby roo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:12 pm

I know everyone's pain is different and we all feel it differently but if low pain is 0 and high is 20 what would you rate your pain as on a good day? I ask as I am recently diagnosed and trying to get meds right but am unsure what I should hope for as in no pain/minor pain or it can still be a high level. Still wishing I had not joined the group of Fibromyalgia members :!: :cry:
roo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Why are you wishing you hadn't joined us roo??

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby roo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi FluppyPuffy its not this group I wish I hadn't joined but having fibromyalgia that I wish hadn't happened! Sorry didn't phrase it very well :!:
roo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm

No worries roo xxx I was concerned that something might be/has bothered you or caused you some upset, and if it had, would look into it to try and sort it out for you. We all wish that FM hadn't picked on us at some point, quite often at the start of things, so you're not alone with this xx

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi roo, welcome to the club hehe,as for working on your meds it's something only you and your dr can work on as what I might call a 10 on the pain meter you might call a 20.and one day you could feel great and the next hurt all over. It's something only time will teach you what you can and can't do and what will make u hurt the next day and what won't. After year I've found taking the same does everyday at the same time really helps keep me going.also I wanna point out that some meds can take up to 3 months to start working so don't always give up after a few weeks do give everything a fair go.id have to say half of us feel better for keeping moving and half of us find only rest helps.so all I can say is don't be afraid to try anything and don't beat yourself up if you find you can't do some thing anymore.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia