Swollen tongue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen tongue

Postby DizzyLizzie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Has any else had this? I have Fibro & Polymyalgia, I've never had it before, it feels awkward when I swallow too. a couple of weeks ago I had a steriod injection for my PMR which took a good week before it kicked in. Other then that I've not had any new medication. It's got me quite worried. Trouble is I've only just seen my GP yesterday, but totally forgot to mention it (bit of fibro fog) lol
I so hope someone can help me
thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen tongue

Postby Louloubelle101 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi, I sometimes get a feeling that my tongue has swollen and it even starts to hurt because it's rubbed against my teeth and makes the swelling at the edges worse. Funnily enough, I've also completely forgotten to point this out to the doctor too! The feeling of swelling comes and goes, can last for no more than a day or even a few days, sometimes up to a week. It especially annoys me when I'm in bed because I can't get a comfortable position to lie down as my tongue rubs against my teeth or sits awkwardly and can slightly obstruct my airway. I'm sorry that I can't offer any help, but at least you know you're not alone xx
Louloubelle101
UKFM Newbie

Postby jezebellow » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:17 pm

I have kept a swollen tongue food/environmental diary. I have found that certain foods (spices with me) or eating out of plastic containers/bottles make my tongue swell and rub against my teeth. Sometimes I bite my tongue whilst I'm asleep. Suggest that you keep a diary and see if you can trace the cause. :crazy:
jezebellow
UKFM Member

Postby DizzyLizzie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 am

Thank you both for answering, you've both helped to put my mind at ease. I too have trouble with my airways, teeth etc when sleep, it's lasted about a week for me now but it has started luckily to go down, shall definitely start a food diary, would never have thought of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia