Could be better...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Could be better...

Postby Storm » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Right now I'm just sick of always feeling ill. When I'm not hot, dizzy and have a horrible migraine and feeling sick, I'm in pain.

I changed doctor's surgery's recently because my last one was just useless.

New doctor prescribed me Nortriptyline 10mg at night. It takes a while for this to work I guess, but that only deals with the pains through my body (if it ends up working that is) and not that I'm always feeling rotten with headaches and feeling sick :(

I tried Magnesium supplements, but I had to stop taking them because they gave me an awful rash all over my body. I try exercise but that's painful and exhausting. Climbing the stairs in my own home really wears me out.

I hate Fibromyalgia. It gives me horrible depressed thoughts because I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I'm already living with Autism/Asperger's, ADHD, BPD, OCD, Depression, and adding FM adds the icing on the cake. Someone up there really hates me :/
Storm
UKFM Member

Re: Could be better...

Postby cancerwasntenough » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:59 pm

There's an internet craze going around at the mo call #100days happy. Have a look into it. It makes you focus on the smallest of details everyday. Eg what made a smile laugh or just generally content. Give it a go it may supprise you xxx
cancerwasntenough
UKFM Newbie

Re: Could be better...

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 am

Storm....you are right fibromyalgia is horrible. It is hard to accept that the only thing we can do is try to control the symptoms and adjust.

You are not alone in wondering if we are not well liked. Many of us wonder just how are we to deal with fibro when we have so many other conditions already. It seems most of us have other serious conditions as well as fibro.

It is easy to get fed up with our Dr's and feel that they are useless. We have to remember that some are as frusterated as we are. They may not know very much about fibro. I guess we need to ask the Dr if they are familiar with fibro before we take them on. We could ask for a referral to a rheumatologist or pain clinic.

The best thing we can do for ourselves is to try to stay positive, look for a bright side. There is one, sometimes it takes a lot of searching. I have been at the bottom of that dark hole before but have managed to find something or someone to pull me out. Whenever you feel you are slipping, reach out , someone here will help you back up.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia