Walking

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Walking

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Can I ask why doi go stiff after I've been walking in town for an hour ,I just stiffen up and legs go like lead. I no it's fibro but why so I go stiff I though walking would loosen me up not the other way roundxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Walking

Postby Garyl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Is something i have asked for past 10 years, i now have to walk with a three wheeled walker for support, having progressed from a single stick to two and now walker.

Is not good to be like this and i so sympathise with you painprincess, my problems walking also affects my feet badly.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Maybe you've walked further than what your legs can actually cope with :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: When I go too far it leaves me feeling much stiffer than I usually tend to be, and I end up hobbling around the house for the rest of the day, so as well as feeling like I'm 190, I've now got the walk right :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bellatr1x » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Have the same problem. An hour is a lot to walk, are you takingbreaks?walking nice and slowly? I now have to use a stick, we livery 10 mind from city and it takes me 30 mind, then in the city I have to stop lots due to painful feet, sore hips etc. Try reducimg your walk and speed and hot water bottles on the problems areas xx
Bellatr1x
UKFM Member

Postby kayterry » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I have the same problem, pain radiating from my buttocks and my left leg feels like a dead weight. I also get pain in the top of my feet. My gp says it's the muscles going into spasm that causes it ?
kayterry
UKFM Newbie

Postby angejane » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:42 pm

I have the same problem. I try to walk to work which is about half a hour. My legs just feel so heavy, stiff and its a struggle. I always get to work half an hour early so I have time to rest before starting work. If I go into town at the weekend, I can hurt so much walking around and have to come home. :-?
angejane
UKFM Newbie

Postby SianneArtarian » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:45 pm

It is normal to feel stiff when you push your body. When I was diagnosed I stopped doing pretty much everything because it's hard to motivate yourself when everything hurts and I got really weak and any walking was extremely painful for me. However I gave myself a kick up the behind and started University last year and I was forced to push myself, I did suffer a lot at first but I stuck it out and my body has got stronger again as a result. I didn't think that would ever happen I thought because I had fibro I would always hurt doing things but yesterday I reached the new milestone of walking to my brother's house and home again (a 4 mile round trip) and had no pain at all, but still felt a little stiff when I got home, always hot water bottle and heat pads help me the most when I feel stiff :)
SianneArtarian
UKFM Member

Postby Kiara » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm

The journey of Fibro is a difficult one, if we exercise it hurts and like you if we walk it gives major payback. I have now been in a wheelchair for 3 years and i'm learning only now to walk again , i try to remain hopeful and positive , we can only hope for good things even although it hurts like hell. Stay positive and mobile as long as possible because when you lose the ability to walk you lose so much with it.
Hugs Kiara x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby tich » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm just at the start of this journey i have had lots of pain for seven years and now they say it's fibromyalgia. Their are days i just can't stand the pain any more every thing is so hard, walking the dog is a chore now not something i love to do even just the house work getting hard. My right leg and back give me the most pain but fair to say every thing is sore. Any advice would be good dont know how everyone manages this pain.
tich
UKFM Member

Postby Aldon40 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 pm

I have exactly the same problem... I can't even walk to my local shop which is five minutes away the pain in my lower back and legs is absolute agony so I know how you feel keep your chin up.xxxx
Aldon40
UKFM Member

Postby Storm » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:38 pm

I have a problem with walking too so I'm going to get some crutches.
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Angie376 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Mine go like that to, I am that bad I have to use a walking stick and it can take me at times 30minutes to do a normal 10minute walk. I am the same as you that I thought walking would loosen us up, as well as leaving us tired for the rest of the day. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Angie376
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia