tooth and jaw ache

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: tooth and jaw ache

Postby Dottylin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 pm

sorry I thought that smilie was a thinking/thoughtfull smilie lol , silly me
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Postby Dottylin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:32 pm

well I rang the doctors today at ten, was told to ring between 8.30 and 11 , only to be told all the appointments had gone at 8.30, I explained that I had had a very bad night , the pain is worse when lying down, and I couldn't have rung early because thats when I had finally managed a few hours sleep, told them I really needed to see a doctor today as I couldnt carry on with this pain much longer, they told me a doctor would ring me within the hour to see if I needed to see someone! over an hour later a nurse rang to make an appointment with her, A nurse whoe probably knows nothing about fibro! I cant get to see her beofr ten to six and meanwile am sitting holding my face and feeling like hell. :(
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Postby diane » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi I was having pain in my jaw,teeth and infront of my ear,and then it started to swell up when I ate anything was told it was tmj it is a common symptom of fibro,hope you find out soon what it could be.
diane
diane
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 am

All this pain in the jaw, ear, teeth sounds like TMJ.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 am

Not sure it would help anyone in extreme pain with this, however was reading in a magazine the other day that placing a pencil between the lips can help prevent people from subconsciously clenching their jaw which can over time cause this syndrome. Obviously not much use when sleeping and I' did wonder if someone might accidentally bite through the pencil, but thought I'd post it anyway in case it helped anyone.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Dottylin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

well I went to see the nurse, my temp was up and she said my eardrum looked dull and it may be an ear infection, ive been on the antibiotics she gave me twom days now but no improvement, but she didnt give me much fait in her knowledge of fibro when she said' well its nowwhere near any of your trigger points so it can't be your fibro' .... am going back to the dentist today as I think there is a hole in one of my upper teeth on that side wherre he didn't x ray, the nurse also gave me a esr blood test in case it is temporal arteritis , it is all really getting me down, not done any sewing for ages as I just don't feel like it and I have my internet shop to stock, I make and sell dolls clothes over the internet.
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Postby Dottylin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

well went to the dentist and he did x rays at the top and I have two teeth with holes in, so they have to come out , i cant get an appointment for four weeks!!!, still in pain despite antibiotics,, last night it was deap in my ear and behind my ear, rang dentist today to say I must have them out sooner (even though I'm dreading the pain of that) and of course they are closed with it being good friday, not open again until wednesday, also got chronic ibs with the antibiotics, what a horrible life at the moment, :( :(
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia