I think I may be hysterical

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I think I may be hysterical

Postby JDWench » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 am

I'm on day ten of leg cramps, yesterday my dexterity and grip were affected too, my feet have hurt most mornings due to the spasms at night but this morning I'm led here with an enormous to do list. My feet are so painful! It feels like I've spent hours stomping on concrete, I Don't want to put them on the floor.
Howeber, I feel like laughing, I could lay here laughing until tears stream down my face. Is this what happens? Do you go from tears of pain to tears of laughter? I'm not sure why I feel like this. I may have finally snapped. Maybe I've just accepted my fate.
Anyone else get like this?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: I think I may be hysterical

Postby trigger » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 am

Hi it's normal it get's you like that I some time's feel like I am going to burst in to tears just cus I have heard something or remembered something or for no reason at all . I even woke up one night and woke my husband as I was laughing my head of in my sleep. I just go with the flow x
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby Storm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 am

Hysterical means to be emotional so that's for you to decide I guess
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:09 pm

If your moods are changing quite drastically, you should mention this to your Dr. Do you take an antidepressant?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby JDWench » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm on 10mg Amitriptyline, have been since February, I hate it but take it nonetheless. Mother nature is also visiting which as I'm sure many ladies know isn't plesant so it could account for the moods but I've never had the urge to laugh like that before! I'm glad I managed to control myself, my partner has very little patients with me so me waking him up laughing wouldn't have been good. I'm finding it quite amusing really, a xhange like that has shocked me and madee curious as to what the cause may be.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Your medication could need adjusting. You may need more or less. It is amazing how a little pill can change ones personality so much. I was on one antidepressant and it changed me into another person. Not mildly either. People would have been shocked, some were beyond discusted. It almost cost me my marriage. Hubby was doing and still is everything right and possible to support me. Once the message were changed, within a few weeks I was back to myself.

I have found myself going to bed later than my hubby because I know I wake him at times. I try to make sure he is in a deep sleep. I have nightmares, the same scenario. But each slightly different. I always reach the same place in the dream and wake up screaming. Hubby says you would think I was being tortured. Once in a while I laugh like you do. He said after the shock of being woken up, he finds he is chuckling along side of me but has no idea at what.

Try to stay positive, at times when I say that to people, even I say...you must be joking. LOL. Talk to your Dr again and see if there is something he can do. X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia