Holiday hell :-(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Holiday hell :-(

Postby kazisedso » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi everyone.

Long time no speak!!!

Been very busy with pain clinic and gp and trigger point jab appointments, and ,also getting ready for what I thought might be a lovely holiday in our own little 4berth tourer.

Oh dear.... NOPE!!
We set off yesterday to Cummertrees ( Annan ) had stop offs to eat, drink, stretch.
Made sure I was comfy travelling up there etc.

Got there, my husband set up the van, kids took the dogs for a walk, lovely place. Very scenic.

Bedtime.... Hmmm, not good at all.
I got a broken hours sleep if I was lucky, it was like sleeping on concrete!!
How silly was I not trying out the bed area before we travelled so far!!

It's fine for sitting on, but not for sleeping on.
OMG! The pain I'm in today is unbearable.
We were meant to be travelling on to Stranraer, but instead, we have come home.

I now have to try and soak in the bath, take some tramadol, get hubby to apply deep heat, and try to get some sleep in my own bed.

I feel bloody awful having to come home, I have spent most of the journey home in tears and apologising to my boys and my hubby for having to come home.

Of course they completely understand and can see how much pain I am in, and have not complained about having to cancel the hols, but yet again, just when I think I'm coming to terms with this chronic illness, something else crops up and reminds me how debilitating fibro is.

Going to have to have a re-think about future holidays.
Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all for listening.

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: Holiday hell :-(

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Memory foam mattress topper. We got one for our folding camper and it's made the world of difference to how well I sleep when we're away
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, we have got one, but the seating is sooo hard, it just didn't make a difference.
We did think about taking our spare memory foam mattress, but didn't bother due to the weight of it and having to watch our towing weight.
You live and learn I suppose!!
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Invest in a small memory foam mattress, they are getting cheaper all the time, we got a lovely one for a single bed with slats was a bit worried because it was only £150 but its fantastic, if I am in too much pain, I leave my hubby with the bed with mattress topper and sneak into the spare bed :)
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 am

Hi all,

Would just like to say thank you for all of your replies, it is very much appreciated.

Also, it's nice to know that I have somewhere to vent from time to time.
I do not post very often, but I do read the forum nearly everyday and I am so glad that I am a member.

I have been very ill over the last few days since getting back, very stiff and sore, pain is easing, but depression has set in big time today. [PENSIVE FACE]

I am sure it will pass soon and my low mood will level off.

Once again, thank you all and for being here for support.
Xxxxxxxxx
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Maybe the sunshine will help a bit, hope you are starting to feel a little better today and you know we are all hear to listen so you vent away :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia