Big toe

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Big toe

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 pm

My big toe is killing me and I mean killing me ,I can't bend it up at all but I can bend it down.its right in the middle I had a blood test last year to rule out gout all was fine could fibro do this.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Big toe

Postby carlz25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Thank god someone gets this (not that I'd wish it on you lol). I get it regular to the point where I text friends saying do you actually realise how much you use and move your big toe. Cause mine is agony and I can feel everytime I do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby chrissyluck » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:01 pm

hi 3-4 years ago i was in agony with my big toe, went back and forward to hospital for over a year and they never found out exactly what was wrong. Just over a year ago i was diagnosed with fibro and was told that the pain in my toe was properly the first onset of fibro.
chrissyluck
UKFM Newbie

Postby bluecath » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:10 pm

I started to get pain in my big toe when I was about 21, and was told by my gp that it was gout, so just endured it for years, then saw another doctor who said it wasn't gout, and had me do a 24 hr urine test to confirm it wasn't- he was right, and he said it was possibly arthritis. I have since been diagnosed at age 43 with fibro. I stopped wearing heels, as they seemed to bring the pain on, and have not had it since x
bluecath
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:10 pm

I get it too, yesterday it was just like someone was sticking a needle down the side of my big toe on my left foot..
Checked the nail, well my daughter did I can't get there anymore without falling over, nothing, I ended up spraying it with deep heat and taking extra morphine, sounds stupid for a toe!

Today it's fine and there is no pain at all, but the arch on my foot is painful as if my plantar fasciitis is starting to play up again.
We are weird ladies but we are at lease all weird together ! :-?
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 pm

It's such an indescribable pain isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Well I never wear heels as I alway look drunk trying to walk and end up popping my knee out so I no it isn't that .
Yes Carlz it flipping hurts, it feel like someone hit it with a hammer like in a cartoon .
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:00 am

Poor you, I can imagine how you feel. :hugs: :hugs: Randomly happens to me. I got rid of all heels and now only wear flats except for my hidden wedge trainers from S......rs. They're so comfy, I don't notice any height difference. My GP told me a little height isn'tbad and changing between that and flats helps my back. I'm a bit weird I guess lol.

When I asked my GP about my hands a few weeks back she examined them and mentioned that unfortunately the joints closest to hand or foot are most affected by Fibro. :( So it could be that.

Could you maybe try a ( not too) hot towel or gentle massage? Or maybe ice packs in a towel( frozen veggies work too )?

Fingers crossed, hope it'll calm down soon.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 am

Last night I actually woke up with paiin in my big toe. A We had a thunderstorm last night, today was a high of 21C.

Now get this, tomorrow is going to be -2C with a snow storm. I also had a headache and nausea. I put the toe pain to my OA and the other to the severe weather change.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby tich » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:46 am

Hi for the last 3 years i havent been able to move any of my toes on right foot. And the pain in my big toe just keeps on getting worse some days i can't even bear a sock or shoe on i just hobble around in my bear feet. The pain is now going up my leg as far as my knee. Just wish they could find something to control the pain. But on the up side i can still hobble about chat take care peps
tich
UKFM Member

Postby lindarose62 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:11 am

Hi people, I have just come across this wonderfull site, having fibro for 20 years it is as frustrating as ever. I have several other health labels attached and for me, I'd give anything a try, I have what I call my little miracle cream. I came across it in a leaflet whilst waiting for an appointment. It's called CAPSACIAN cream. I wear plastic gloves to put it on my skin. This is because it's like a numbing cream to me, I feel it targets my pain, although the skin can feel like it's scalding hot, especially when exposed to water. I do believe it is only available on prescription. I have been using it now over a year, only a tiny amount is needed, I use it on my feet, toes, ankles, knees, thighs, hips, spine, back of neck, elbows, wrists and hands. Where ever I have pain that day. The good thing is there are no side effects. I would encourage anyone with chronic pain to try this. The reason for the gloves is if you don't use them, the cream stays in yr fingers and if you rub your eyes or anything, it stings and burns. At night I use on my hands then a wear cotton gloves, i hope this is of use to anyone taking the time to read this.
lindarose62
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 am

Hi I did get really bad pain in my big toe it was horrible it was like a nerve pain and it used to shoot up my leg as well. I found ibuprofen helped a little. Then a year ago I was diagnosed with a blood condition and put on low dose aspirin daily. I haven't had the pain since but now the same big toe Chang's colour depending on if it's hot or cold it goes red, purple and black. I have told my gp and my consultant at heamotology and neither know wow causing it but they don't seem concerned. Hope this helps :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 am

lindarose62 wrote:I have what I call my little miracle cream. I came across it in a leaflet whilst waiting for an appointment. It's called CAPSACIAN cream. I wear plastic gloves to put it on my skin. This is because it's like a numbing cream to me, I feel it targets my pain, although the skin can feel like it's scalding hot.

Oh the mention of Capsaican cream brought back some memories. The diabetic consultant prescribed it for me many years ago for diabetic sensory nerve pain in my left side. I slapped it on over.a large area and then went in a warm bath. Thought I'd self combust with the intense scalding hot pain! Lol. No doubt I didn't read the instructions properly! I found the burning effect worse than the nerve pain.

But it has proved very successful for some diabetics with sensory nerve pain so can appreciate it could help with Fibro nerve pain. The Diabetic consultant told me the theory behind the cream is being derived from capsicum pepper or something it's an irritant and the theory behind it is it exhausts the nerve of one of the chemical pain messengers it transmits to the brain so pain stops for a while.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Wow I never thought I'd get so many ppl with the same prob. I'm happy in a way as at lest it could be fibro.i have blood test later this week for everything going so finger crossed all come back clear.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Dear friends, I have not been on this group for sometime, last Summer I believe, but I see that many of you are having problems with your big toes. Right now, my feet are so crippled and the ankles and knees swell, but it is the shooting nerve pain in my toes which makes me cry out, and it is regular. It is just like electric shocks! Last year, I had trouble with my hands which also became so swollen and painful, I had to give up so much, i.e. I used to write the scriptures and make craft cards to sell for Missions, but unable to do these at all now. I wore hand-supports for many months, and now, at long last, I can still manage to type, so thankful for that.

It is my legs, knees and feet, which are now the worst pain and trouble. I am just unable to stand to place any weight at all on my legs, so it has been powered wheelchair all the way, and in such a small space in our bungalow. After 6 weeks, I am struggling just to make a few steps to the bathroom. But the feet are terrible now, and my friend, also with M.E and Fibro, is complaining of the same problem.
Anyone else? It is good to be back. Incidentally, my weight gain is still on, am shocked even just from last year. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia