I'm a balloon :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm a balloon :(

Postby Karou » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 am

Hiya,

Feeling a bit strange asking this but has anyone experienced what I can only describe as whole body swelling?

My head isn't affected but the rest of me made me feel like a balloon today. My watch wouldn't fit properly, had to put it on the last hole, then my clothes and socks felt too tight. I know I'm a bit overweight but didn't put on that much over night. :crazy: I woke up like this and only noticed when I had to get dressed to go out because I wear really loose things for sleeping.

It's gone down now but my watch still doesn't like me and neither does my magnetic bracelet.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: I'm a balloon :(

Postby jezebellow » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:00 am

Hiya Karu

This is quite common. People with FM are acidic. We should have a neutral pH of 6.8. You could get some saliva test strips to check your pH. Usually with FM your saliva pH may be 6.2 or below. When this happens the body holds onto fluid around the cells to protect them. If you or your body is stressed for some reason, this can lower your pH. Your body can become distressed through illness or tiredness or strain of some type. Emotional stress can also affect your pH. Make sure that you get plenty of rest. Drink enough fluids and eat leafy green vegetables, a couple of extra pieces of fruit and other alkaline foods. Acidic foods are the protein foods and should be eaten in moderation only until you balance out a little more. See your doctor if it lasts more than a few days and maybe keep a diary
of anything unusual that you have done or eaten recently so that you can maybe identify a cause. Your doctor would need some background.
:shock:
jezebellow
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 am

It could be fibrositis which is swelling of fibrous tissue.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 am

It could be medication-have you changed anything or increased a dose in the last 6 weeks?
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 am

It could be caused by many things which is why you will need to speak with your GP.

I always wake up like a balloon as i have Angeodemia. I have too much histamine in the body and also suffer from chronic hives.

Angeodemea mainly effects me in the morning (not a clue why) :crazy: I wake up with lips/eyes/face all puffed up and swollen and if im lucky my ankles/feet are also effected :lol: my hands can join in too :roll:

As the day goes on (after a few hours from being awake) it settles down like nothing happened :dunno:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia