Period make it worse?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Period make it worse?

Postby Crafty_Lady » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 pm

I just wondered if anyone thinks that their period makes Fibro worse? I have mine and was in agony last night and this morning, i could barely move or get up, had to have a hot bath at 7am to help.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Period make it worse?

Postby JDWench » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Definitely! Your pain threshold is lowered during your period anyway.my hips and knees are agony which is to do with hms as well as fibro. All I can recommend is the goid old fashioned hot water bottle and chocolate.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby wheelz_of_fire » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Fibro sends my pain level to over a 10 when I am coming up to my period. I also find that while my period is on-going, my period is totally out of whack - I bleed for two days solid very heavly (up to 3 tamons a day) hav two days whenI pass very little blood and then for an encore another day full of bleeding and 10+ pain.
I aslo find that the run up to my period my Fibro symptoms are off the wall! It is a curse!
wheelz_of_fire
UKFM Member

Postby dawney1962 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm

As my Doc says your body is already dealing with FM and therefore it struggles each month. I found I was completely wiped out, in agony, had v heavy bleeding (sometimes I couldn't leave the house) and was in bed every month. Now I know this won't suit everyone but I take a mini-pill where I don't have any periods at all. Whilst I am putting more chemicals into my body by taking it, the relief I get far out-weighs the negatives for me. x
dawney1962
UKFM Newbie

Postby Fibro-Liz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 pm

I hurt in my hips and knees too more when I am about to start a period. I'm on a contraceptive that stops my periods though, thank goodness
Fibro-Liz
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:33 am

I had the worsted period of my life two weeks ago .ive always had heavy painful ones,
But it's only been two weeks and I'm bleeding again.my boobs feel like they do when your preggy. I feel dead on my feet.
And. No I'm not hehe.
I also bet in a few days il stop. Then a few days later il start again .im on and off like a yo yo.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

Hi for me it wasn't so much the bleed and pains as i was on the pill so this reduced the pains and bleed. The migraines before and during were a killer. I was taking then pill in 3 month blocks so a period every three months, this helped for a while but then it all went haywire again and i had no control of it all so I am now on cerezette and take it continuous and have no periods at all still get migraine and always will.
i have had them for 15 years now but they are not so frequent as they were several daily. Sometimes i now go a few weeks without one, Other times i can have a week of them all depends how my neck pain is and sleep is.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Crafty_Lady » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Ok, thats a bit of a relief really that several of us find that periods make FM worse, i was worried it was just me. My pain had been 10+ the last few days, i have had such bad pain in my lower back and my hips, its been awful. Might have to speak to the doctor about stopping the periods if i'm going to be like that every month, i don't think i could stick it for too long...
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Dr gives me some pills to stop me .but not the pill as I can't take that.
I'm still bleeding but only enough for pantie liners. But enough I can't do without one. It's very brown so maybe il stop soon.
I have blood tests tomorrow for vit D bla bla bla bla the list going on ,in fact there taking some many I'm woundering if the taking some to make sure I'm from earth. And if I'm not I wouldn't be surprised the way I feel lol. Beam me up Scottie.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:57 pm

I got to book up for the dreaded S word soon to. Oh the joy of just relax mrs smith this won't hurt me one little bit lol
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Me too :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I leave dignity at home these days and just lay back and think about pretty things, it will probably be vintage style dresses this time :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wobbly woo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank goodness, thought it was just me! pain leading up to period is horrendous -I stand up 4hours a day at work,and the pain in my lower back and hips is 10+ for a good four days. I start really slowly then flooding, then stop and start again,miss periods.
Just totally erratic and hard to predict apart from my mood,I get to the point where I just need to b in a room on my own-noise drives me mad!
I take 160mg a day of morphine around these times -anyone else need this level of painkillers? I'm scared I'm going to do myself long lasting damage,but I have to work, and this is the only way I can manage :(
Wobbly woo
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 am

All meds aren't good for us even the humble paracetamol .i remember my dr telling me he said,if u new what was in a paracetamol u would never take it again.
I didn't ask.lol
So if the dr has said to you to take that amount then I'm sure your fine.after all they put u on it.
I think sometimes you have to find a inner peace about pills .its your body and u no what u can cope with.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Crafty_Lady » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

I wouldn't worry too much about what pills you are on, as the doctor has given them to you and you need them. I am on a high amount of morphine too, but i need it.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:45 am

I'm bleeding again and as heavy as before ,if this don't stop il have to take some pills old or not.as I can't afford the prescription charges il use the ones I've got. The dr did tell me they have a life of 5years .i guess that's how they make there money telling u to get rid of them after a few months,not that I recommend anyone taking out of date pills .but these are only hormone pills not pain killers.
And I never take them out of date. Ok I'm rambling now poofs and is gone .
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia