*sigh*

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

*sigh*

Postby JDWench » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 pm

I've had cramp for 16 days now and the pain in the soles of my feet has reduced me to tears today. My arms ache and I'm just so bloody tired! My eyes feel like I've been punched! I don't know what to do anymore. I've had body issues for years but I haven't persistently been this unwell for this long. Do I write it down for my gp? I'm awful at explaining myself and it sounds so unbelievable when I verbalise it. Bored of this now.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: *sigh*

Postby humphreys » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi, This sounds just the way I am, when I get up in the morning every muscle in my body hurts and my feet, I have no motivation at all.
and then at the end of the day I get mad with myself because I've wasted a day. I do work, I look after a lady with a brain injury and stroke, it's so hard to do, I need to find myself another job, but don't know what as I live on my own and need to pay the bills.
If you had put this mesage in a couple of weeks ago, I would have said you have to take a day as it comes and just get on with it, but me at the moment I feel just like you, I'm sick of taking medication, but very scared of coming off it. I really do feel for you, and there are many people out there just like us. I may not have answered your question, but I do understand, and hopefully someone will come up with an answer.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm

It's good to know I'm not going mad or exaggerating things. I doubt myself so much. Gonna have a chat with a gp and see if there's anything they can do and hope they take me seriously.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Janie b » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:47 pm

I know how you feel, thought I was alone no one knows how bad it feels close to tears most of the time hugs and kisses xxxx
Janie b
UKFM Newbie

Postby Roslynne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Quinine is suppose to help with cramps you should speak
to your GP but in the meantime drink tonic water as that
has Quinine in it, have it with a Gin :-)
Roslynne
UKFM Newbie

Postby JDWench » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

The gin would be a welcome addition! I like tonic water but I've been going through two litres a day! It has quinine but doesn't seem to help, I've been taking two baths a day, one epsom salts, one normal or showering in the morning and bathing in epsom salts at night, I'm walking when my feet aren't hurting, hoping to get rid of the cramp, I've taken my last naproxen today as well as paracetamol or ibuprofen and paracetamol when I have mo naproxen. I did have codeine but it's all gone and I take amitriptyline but it doesn't do anything.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:40 pm

One word bananas. There high in zink. And that stops cramps. Also have you tried a mussel relaxant at all.
Might be worth a try.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Lisa_mulholland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:47 pm

I've been living with fibro from 2001 this sounds like some of my symptoms
It's a vicious circle being so sore that you can't do much then feeling so guilty and upset that you haven't done anything.
I always feel as tho people are judging me and always seem to be trying
To defend myself.
I wish I wasn't so defensive,or that people,friends and family could understand just how much effort it takes just to get out of bed some days.
Lisa_mulholland
UKFM Newbie

Postby JDWench » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:02 pm

I know what you mean, I constantly justify myself to me and everyone else because I feel as if I'm being lazy. I've managed to make leek, potato and broccoli soup and prep everything for tonight's cottage pie (this is my victory for the day) now I'm off to the shop to get bananas because I keep forgetting them! Banana milkshake made from actual bananas still counts, right?
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Sure does xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia