Tiredness over pain?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Tiredness over pain?

Postby sunnyem23 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and it's what got me to join this forum. :)

I've had a really bad afternoon with exhaustion and I can't begin to explain how much it helped to read everyone's comments on this page. I've suffered with dull muscle aches/lower back pain since a child as well as tiredness over the past few years. However it hasn't been until more recently that the tiredness has turned to absolute exhaustion after any period of activity.

I can only manage to work 9 hours per week (plus doing some voluntary work) as I find it very difficult to sustain energy/concentration/brain power for too long. The brain fog is awful at times and my mood plummets with the tiredness. I hate not being able to keep up with the pace of a normal 20-something, especially when I know that I've got the ability to do well at work when I'm at full fitness.

I suffer from mental health problems too and wish there could be a magic painkiller to fix everything during these low and exhausted dips.

I hope the tiredness will get better...it's been particularly bad since having a flu-like virus in Feb.

Stay strong everyone!
sunnyem23
UKFM Newbie

Postby MichelleJ » Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 pm

I have a joint diagnosis of fibromyalgia and m.e/Cfs. Some days my pain is worse, some days my fatigue is. But both are pretty high levels so I have to take each day as it comes. Don't ever feel like a fraud though Hun, you have this horrid illness just like everyone else. I can generally tell now which condition it is that's flaring at any given time so find I manage it a bit better than I used to x
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Sat May 17, 2014 9:36 am

Both, I don't really think they can be separated
Lindilou

Postby keaedmondson » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:34 am

Thank you for writing this!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:18 am

I know what you mean. It's only in the last couple of months I guess, that I've really started getting the fatigue (or 'flat battery' as I like to call it). And it completely overwhelms me.

the pain is bad, yes, but I can take a co-codamol and it dulls the pain enough to allow me to function.

but I struggle to function with the fatigue, and of course there isn't a tablet I can take to make the fatigue go away :evil: and I absolutely hate that sometimes the only thing I can do is sleep for a bit until it wears off. (I really can't abide sleeping in the middle of the day).

so yes, I know how you feel.

:grouphug:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 pm

HazelB wrote:I can continue through the pain, but when fatigue hits I just need to stop and rest ...no option. Also same with brain fog, sometimes just cannot function xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

That's exactly whats happening with me at the moment! I cannot push through fatigue but some pain, I can. As long as the pain isnt affecting my legs and feet too much and I'm able to move.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia