Not sure what to do

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not sure what to do

Postby JDWench » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 am

Day 21 of cramp, my sleep has been minimal at best. With the addition of pins and needles and burning in my feet. I can't get an appointment at my gp, I can walk but it's uncomfortable. I'm not sure what to do, do I go to my local walk-in centre to see if there's anything they can do? I can't stop crying. My boyfriend's fed up with me. I'm fed up with me. Argh!
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: Not sure what to do

Postby Mandygass » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 am

Drink loads of water and try to do something for 20 mins and then do something else. Try to stretch. I am not underestimating your pain, I know it's horrible but sometimes letting it win by you focusing on it will not help so if you hurt whether or not u do something, chose to do something and it will eventually ease up. The drs won't tell you any different unless you have super gp x x
Mandygass
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 am

JD Wench Insist that you get a Doctors appointment, claim if you have to that you are so low is causing more problems, if you still cannot get a appointment then go to walk in centre. I have confidence in only one of the 6 in my practice so is hard to get a appointment as well but do manage it.

You do need to get and see a doctor, this is a god awful illness, i am so glad you mentioned the burning in feet as i have had that lately so now realise it's part of the condition.

Hope you get some relief soon
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:37 am

I've done everything I'm supposed to, tried to walk it off, stay positive, smile and hope it goes away, eat bananas, take baths, drink water and/or tonic water containing quinine, rest if it's too much.
I've had pins and needles before but last night was a first for the red hot burning in my feet, the balls of my feet have been incredibly painful alongside the leg cramps but last night, I just lay there squirming in pain trying to not wake the Mister.
Hopefully walk-in can help.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby amarkwell67 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 am

I get the same take magnesium and a good multi vitamin tabs. The tingle might improve bit the cramps should go away. As others said water and a little exercise if u can manage it.
amarkwell67
UKFM Newbie

Postby zoomie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Ok, do you have any Epsom salts? If you do, or a few handfuls in a hot bath and soak for at least 20 mins, do you have enough salt in your diet? I know too much is bad for us, but not enough can cause horrific cramp. If you can't do, or have already tried this I would try to at least talk to your gp xxx I hope it eases soon hon xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 pm

I am with the hot water brigade - if you are unable to get into the bath then at least get your feet and legs in some hot water. I find the hotter the better. I think it confuses the nerves and somehow cancel each other out. And see a Dr.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 pm

I've been having epsom salt soaks daily, saw a lovely male nurse called Neil who checked to ensure I wasn't at risk of DVT. He took some blood (couldn't get much, my veins are always a pain) and has sent it to check inflammation markers. He told me to phone gp in a week and demand they read my notes and give me an appointment.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:09 am

Why Epsom salts?

being the nurse that i once were i went to hunt down an explanation of why people keep going on about Epsom salts and i found as i expected that they have absolutely no medical benefit at all, but maybe they have a psychological one instead?
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:11 pm

http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/health/

I personally find that just being in water has amazing venifits and I should have a tank built that I can be wheeled around in. Epsom salts haven't helped but at least I can say I've tried everything to help myself.
Suspected flare with different symptoms is the diagnosis being leaned towards but until my stupid gp gets my blood results back I won't know. Just gotta keep taking painkillers which I despise then most likely have a medication change which I will be asking about because I'd rather deal with this on as little medication as possible.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia