So it's all Fibro

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So it's all Fibro

Postby Karou » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Been to the doctors again as not coping at all and worried about new symptoms.
He checked me thoroughly and then asked if I'm having counseling. I'm not and he gave me a self referral leaflet. And then he explained that I'm having way too much stress which is why my nails are coming off, I'm in more pain, more restless, etc. Basically my body is shutting down partially to get nutrients to the most important parts. Nails aren't exactly needed to survive. Oh and he suggested counseling to help me accept that Fibro is really there and isn't going away anytime soon.

Yes, after 2 years I'm still telling myself it's all in my head, doubting myself, trying to find other explanations, etc. I also have to go and try to get on the local council list. My living situation is only contributing to the stress. I didn't want to live here in London much longer but since I can't afford anywhere else right now... Things will be better in December as I'll be allowed a flat, not just shared accommodation. And there's still the small chance that something might become available where I really want to be before that.

That's the plan...Let's hope it'll all work out.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: So it's all Fibro

Postby humphreys » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi, I wish you all the luck in the world. I've found in the last 5yrs my work has got less and less, I used to work 7-6 shifts four or five a week, then i went down to three to four, and now I need to go to 2only, it's worrying cause I live on my own, rent to pay, bills, and money to survive. This Fibro is driving me mad, I can't write like I used to, my hands shake every morning, I'm unsteady, the obvious like painful knees, elbows, neck, back, fingers.

I supose we are all different, and we all cope with our problem differently, but surely there must be something out there to help us.

Wishing you lots and lots of luck what ever you do. Gentle Hugs.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 pm

With you now having an idea about when things could start moving in a more suitable direction for you, hopefully you'll be able to start and use the time to try to get yourself as prepared as you can be :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As well as helping with acceptance, counselling can also help in other ways, such as dealing with ways of thinking and feeling, how people, situations may be perceived, recognising triggers, and help you devise/formulate ways to challenge and manage them in healthier, more positive and helpful ways. It doesn't take the hurtys away unfortunately :( :( :( But what you may find is that having more control over an aspect of your condition ripples out to other aspects as well, all of which can help make things just that bit more manageable.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: hopefully it won't be too long before things are on the up for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: just adding my goos wishes to those of the others and sending some gentle group hugs your way :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia