vibration plate

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

vibration plate

Postby trishy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:37 pm

I bought a vibration plate hoping it would help the circulation in my legs and ease the pain in my body, I had heard that sportspeople use them from aches and sprains when they are unable to train. It looked very inviting one of them that does all the work for you. I have persevered with it for months but every time I use it I am in agony for days sometimes weeks afterwards. Has anyone used one of these contraptions because I am wondering if I am using it correctly before it goes in the bin. :(
trishy
UKFM Member

Re: vibration plate

Postby Katie Louise » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

I found this to start I was using it every day now I use it every other day start with just 3 minutes they are more powerful than you realise. Hope that helps x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby padders » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:49 pm

I use one 3 times a week I started on low for 60 seconds to start with. Now I do 3 mins on high and I am fine. Just take it slowly first and listen to your body and gradually build it up.
padders
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:28 pm

The use of vibration plates, and how helpful they may be, pops up now and again. Like so many other things, some can find they make a difference, whereas for others, using one can aggravate things even further.

When starting to do or use something new, it needs to be done very, very gently and for only short periods of time. When increasing how long the plate is used for, the increases need to be small, at least at the start, to try and ensure it doesn't cause additional problems, flare~ups etc. These increases may well be much smaller than what the distruction guide suggests, but unfortunately that's how FM rolls with these kind of things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia