Low iron

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low iron

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:39 pm

So dr told me I have low iron no surprise there really.still waiting on vit D.
So as the dr didn't give me anything which I thought she might I got some frog in liquid .with b 12 and Vic C my mums says it's very good.not in love with the favor lol but hay oh.
I already have vit D from the dr so I'm hoping that's still isn't low.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Low iron

Postby Ain Drahem » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Hope you feel better soon i was diagnosed with pernicious anemia before i got Fibromyalgia ask a new blood test asap as mine didnt show up on the 1st blood test
take care :-D
Ain Drahem
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ain Drahem » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Oops ! forgot to mention i have 3 monthly VB12 injections which really help x
Foggy brain today :-P
Ain Drahem
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 am

That's very interesting. Previously I've had anaemia several times, and now I still get the same feelings but doc says I'm not anaemic and that you can't feel anaemia. Nevertheless I've been self-medicating with Feroglobin and have to say I do feel slightly better. Perhaps I need a stronger dose of iron.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Please be careful as too much iron is as bad as too little. Is there another doc in the practice you go to that you could see :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 8:24 pm

denys wrote:Please be careful as too much iron is as bad as too little. Is there another doc in the practice you go to that you could see :?: :?: :?: :?:

so can vitamin D!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-livin ... q-20058108

as much from the sun as possible, if possible :-D
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby Minilady » Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 am

I was diagnosed with Graves disease seven years ago,had treatment and my thyroid is now behaving (touches wood) Problem was, I never felt properly well and after many tests,investigations etc I was referred to a rheumatologist and diagnosed with fibro. I have suffered with very low iron/iron stores for even longer. I am caught up in a vicious cycle as I also have IBS/reflux disease which in turn makes it difficult to tolerate the liquid iron (even childs dose) and therefore I am constantly tired,weary and dizzy. Anyone else been in a similiar situation? Trying to sort one problem but rapidly creating another? :roll: :roll:
Minilady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia