Family support

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Family support

Postby lisa m 1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi. Since diagnosis, my hubby has been brilliant. My parents continue to treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about. But today's priceless comment comes from my brother.

He's changed to something called the Palio diet. As well as losing a considerable amount of weight (he needed to!) he's convinced that as a sufferer of ibs and depression have all but been cured by this diet.

I on the other hand remain sceptical, but as I sat there rubbing my back n hips which are my real bad areas he told me losing weight would help with my conditions. As well as fibro I have Ménière's disease. I wouldn't mind but I'm a size 12 lower half and being somewhat top heavy I'm a 16 upper half, so hardly overweight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Re: Family support

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:06 pm

It's funny isn't it when someone try's something that works for them, they think it's a cure all. X
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lisa m 1973 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm

I wouldn't mind but when he was obese and I lost weight watchers I didn't preach non stop to him. Whilst like most people I'd like to lose a few pounds I certainly don't consider myself overweight and albeit the upper end of it I'm within my ideal weight bracket as gauged by the nhs x

lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Oh dear families :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: maybe smile sweetly and tell him where to shove his diet, might cause him a few problems with his IBS but hey ho :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:05 am

Deny that was funny :-)
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lisa m 1973 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Just had another text saying that he's seen that gluten intolerance is linked to fibro. In my politest manner possible told him that I'm glad it works for him but until a medical professional tells me this I'll stick as I am thanks! I'm already on a low salt diet for Menieres and I'm allergic to dairy so if I cut anything else out it really will be a case of water on a fork! Having a rotten day today and he's just made me wanna scream

lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Postby lisa m 1973 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 pm

I cook all my food from scratch so very little additives in it

lisa m 1973
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu May 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Heh, I've tried every changing pretty much everything in my diet that's been 'linked to fibro' and none of it has made any difference at all. I have a very healthy diet anyway so all I have done is cut out certain things eg wheat and gluten, oxalates, etc. If it was linked to diet then I'd have seen some difference by now.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Take no notice of him, sometimes because we do seem to suffer a lot of sensitivities there are recommendations to avoid certain foods, I personally think its a matter of choice, you will know if something you eat makes you feel yuck and then you tend to avoid it (unless its [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] related :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I agree with SC if everything FM was related to diet we would all have been 'cured' years ago :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia