Exercise and meds, advice please.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Exercise and meds, advice please.

Postby Lizee » Thu May 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi there,

I've been told that gentle exercise helps with the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Does anyone use any specific stretches or type of exercise that won't leave me unable to move.

Also wondering if anyone else has been prescribed prosac to help manage the symptoms. I can't use any analgesia as I have chronic migraines so gp suggested this today.

Any help would be so much appreciated.
Lizee
UKFM Member

Re: Exercise and meds, advice please.

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Lizee wrote:Does anyone use any specific stretches or type of exercise that won't leave me unable to move.

I would suggest for you to be refered to a physiotherapist. They can work out an exercise plan and stretches.

Lizee wrote:

Also wondering if anyone else has been prescribed prosac to help manage the symptoms. I can't use any analgesia as I have chronic migraines so gp suggested this today.

Prozac (fluoxitine) is a commen medication for fibro which may help some and not others. Theres a search bar up the top of the page which will throw up many topics on prozac.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Exercise and meds, advice please.

Postby Lizee » Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Thank you Lisa,

I can self refer for physio thankfully so ill get on that. Ill also check out the prosac info.
Lizee
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia