feeling alone being a Man with FM

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: feeling alone being a Man with FM

Postby Storm » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 am

I'm also a guy with fibro. It sucks because we're taught to not complain and not be so emotional, but fibro is just impossible to ignore.
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Andyp » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Another man here with fibro. I'm also finding it very difficult to accept, but slowly it's beginning to sink in.

Before I was diagnosed late last year I felt that the medical people didn't believe me, as I had a number of scans etc which were coming back showing nothing.

As you will have seen from the responses to your original post, this is definitely not a 'women only' illness and I hope this makes you feel that you're not alone with this.
Andyp
UKFM Member

Postby AndrewK » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Yes, it is really hard to be a guy with this diagnosis, I led an active life, had my own business,raised three sone, ran everywhere, mountain biked and THEN... had a car crash and an emotional shock..since then 5 years ago, I have been really unwell,Dr gave me the diagnosis as a disease by exclusion, I have tried every treatment available and spent thousands trying to be well...My GP told me to stop spending money to find a cure, eat well, exercise and embrace life!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously he had no idea how this illness affects you. Chin up mate,you are not alone!
AndrewK
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Of course you chaps can get fibro, you are human. :grouphug:
Lindilou

Postby Katie Louise » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:43 pm

You should never feel alone my dad has been sufferingwith fms for years I know it often feels like we can be surrounded by people and still feel alone regardless of male or female there will always be someone there for you xx
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 am

Another male here, fibro can effect anyone if people say your making it up ask them if they have ever had a headache and when they say yes ask them to prove it
fletch
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia