Very low

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Very low

Postby Jeany » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am

I don't usually let my illnesses get to me, but after a bad fall on Tuesday I am just sick to death of being ill, and unable to do anything or have a life.

I struggle to go out due to agoraphobia, and have to take diazapam and be accompanied to get to essential appointments. I am very isolated as my family are busy and I don't like to take up their time, and you soon find out your friends just can't be bothered with you if you are unable to go out and have fun with them. I live alone also.

I am only 57 year old, and was diagnosed with CFS/ME and fibro 2 years ago. I think they are going to do further tests due to me having falls and problems with visions such as seeing things moving when they aren't. I have aged dreadfully the past 2 years, and I am bored and fed up with having nothing to look forward to and nobody to do anything with anyway.

What sort of life is this for a women of 57, who used to be very active, and now sits moping about talking to the cat.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Re: Very low

Postby gazmo87 » Fri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Jeany, so sorry to hear your feeling low right now, and so sorry that your friends can't be bothered with you, as a youngster with fibro I know that feeling all too well, while they are out on the raz having fun im stuck in the house drugged up and fatigued, what I suggest you could do is find a hobby that you are comfortably capable of doing, for instance I am going to start learning how to sew, thanks to my partner (yes a strange thing for a 27 year old guy to do). Also try talking to some of your friends and tell them you feel like they aren't putting in the effort, then you'll find out who your real friends are, best wishes and god bless, gaz
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Fri May 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks Gaz x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry to hear youre feeling like this *hugs*. I was like that only a few months ago. I feel much brighter since taking antidepressants which was essentially to help me sleep at night. But I am sure its helped me feel happier with my life. I live with my husband, three kids and two dogs. I was diagnosed with arthritis last year and fibro in Feb this year. I am 34. I went through all the tears and frustration at having no of these horrid conditions at this age. I was really struggling. I am a stay at home mum. I dont get out very much and dont have friends as such. Just one really good one but she works so dont see her much. My social life is on Facebook and thats it. It can be isolating but I guess I am used to it. I don't know how to help you, maybe find something you enjoy doing that doesnt cause you too much aggro. Perhaps painting? Or listening to music? That always perks me up when I am feeling low. I blast the house with music!

I hope that you feel a bit better soon xxx
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Thanks guys x x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Jeany I have moved you into here which is a more appropriate place and you should get more replies :-D :-D Has your doc tried to help you with your agoraphobia etc. maybe if you had someone who could help you using one of the talking therapies and if you cant get ot them if they could come to you. It might not help you get out but may help you to find some coping strategies with the FM

I hope you get some help :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nicola75 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Jeany

Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, I know all to well how it feels, having been there many times myself, so I'm sending you gentle hugs and hope you feel better soon

But you're never alone hunnie, we're all here for you. You can always pm me if you need a chat. Try to stay strong and positive, hard sometimes I know.

Gentle hugs

Nic :-) x
nicola75
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Isn't it awful when u feel so low,
I get very down at times I live with someone but he never asks how I am and isn't the sort to cuddle u even if u needed it.
I'm lucky that I can go to mums still and spend a few days like I am now. But I sometimes think being alone has to be better then being with someone who don't care.
At lest u no ppl here do care how u feel here ,its a shame ppl don't talk on a open chat forum u no what I mean in real time.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

The facebook page allows for more live chat and is a closed group lots of members also visit there if thats any help
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia