New symptoms, need your advice

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New symptoms, need your advice

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 am

After 4 years of diagnosis I pretty much know all my symptoms, and I can cope with them wether it be with meds or with mind power. However recently a strange new thing has started happening, I'm quite a strong lad I'm stocky land built like a rugby player (without so much muscle :( ) and my partner is tiny and obviously weaker than me. Now at night i suffer from extreme thirst so I keep a bottle of pop by my bed and i wake up numerous times through the night to have a sip, but lately, only at night do far, I can't open it, my wrists judt dont have the strength, I couldn't even light my lighter the other day my wrists just won't work. Feels like there is no strength at all, any ideas
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Re: New symptoms, need your advice

Postby *Lisa* » Sat May 10, 2014 10:58 am

Hi,

Firstly get all new symptoms checked out. Thinking of the thirst, have you been checked for diabetes? this is one of the main symptoms.

Wrists can be effected in fibro with pain, weakness and aching. If you have any tingling going on then get it checked for carpel tunnel.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:42 am

Hi lisa, yes I've been checked fordiabeties and also I'd say it was to inconsistent for CTS.
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 5:58 pm

I suffer with weakness in the wrists, mine is there most of the time though. I have been checked out and told its fibro related but as Lisa said always get new things checked out.

Could your thirst be connected to your meds :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 10, 2014 6:48 pm

yeah i never actually thought about that lol, meds probably making me thirsty x
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Perhaps use a glass instead? Or if you cant quite lift the glass, put a bendy straw into it. My hands are worse in the early morning but its possible they get like that throughout the night. Also, I went through the extreme thirst thing for around two nights but I did have the flu :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia