Leg cramps

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leg cramps

Postby painprincess1 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm

As many will no im waiting to see a Nero as I may have ms or pd.
Does anyone here get cramps in the back of the legs ,with spasms .my left hand has got a lot more painful lately and feels weak and useless .now I no fibro can do these things to so was wondering who else suffers with this.xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Leg cramps

Postby shirleystanton » Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 pm

I suffer major leg cramps feet cramps, torso cramping - the worst. The muscles go rigid and the pain is awful The abdomen/toso cramping takes my breath away. Arnica gel helps as does using tens pads and/or a circulation booster machine. I have a small item called pain-be gone - that will administer a static electrical charge into the rigid muscle- that is of course if you can reach the muscle at the time. When my side and my hand are very bad I cannot press the thing in and If it is in my back I can't reach it. I have not been diagnosed with anything. I have OA - have lost feelinf in the side of one foot. Doctors just shake their head and give me Lyrica - it does help nerve pain and give me paracetamol and tell me to use ice packs or gels. I am now going to physio next week - lets see what happens then. The last time I went they used a magnet machine on my spind after which I lost feeling in both legs, collapsed in a heap on the floor. An emergency injection by a rheumatologist in my foot/ankle helped but I had to use crutches for a while. It seems to me that in this day and age someone should know what is going on. I used to jog daily, do floor exercises and use an exercise machine. Now I am relegated to sitting and have gput on almost 30 lbs round my middle...not nice!!!
shirleystanton
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia