Most frequent or severe symptoms for you?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Most frequent or severe symptoms for you?

Postby shoog » Fri May 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Inspired by Gazmo87's post I wanted to make a post to find out what symptoms plague some more than others, what symptoms are your most severe or most mild and how you manage them on a daily basis.

I'm new to this diagnosis (although like many of us I'm not new to the symptoms, it just took many many years to get diagnosed) and I don't know an awful lot about fibro as a whole and how it affects others so I'd be interested in reading about how others feel.

This could take the form of making a post each day, to say what has been worst/best that day and how you managed that. Or if you'd prefer you could just make a one off post. I think I'll post daily so that I can keep a wee diary of my symptoms. It'd be lovely to get some information and support from you all on managing this, and maybe we can all find out something new?

In the other post that was cut short (let's keep amorning diary) FluppyPuffy made a post saying that people in the past had used posts like this to try and one up each other, or diminish other people's symptoms. Let's just use this as a positive thread to chart and monitor our symptoms :-D

I'll make a separate post with my entry for today!
Lauren
shoog
UKFM Member

Re: Most frequent or severe symptoms for you?

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Most frequent and severe is the pain. Not just joints, muscles, but migraines, the fact I bit off part of my tongue in my sleep and didn't wake up, but boy did that hurt for about 10 days after, my feet, even if I can barely walk that day...just pain, everywhere all the time x
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:57 pm

I will be doing a one off post. I think coming on here daily wont be a very positive thing as I feel that its more negative and doesn't actually help. I have pain like everyone else, the worse symptom is probably stiffness throughout. I was lucky and diagnosed very quickly. I try to keep a poisitive attitude and not to dwell on symptoms and just accept it and move on x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby trigger » Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

the fatigue and nerve pain i hate these. as people think you are just being lazy and don't under stand that just making a bed can knock the stuffing out of you and when i get the nerve pain in my arms and legs i just want to sit and cry. the painful joints i can handle x
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby Maryanne » Fri May 16, 2014 9:35 pm

I find the most difficult symptom is the fatigue, as you just have to give in to and go with it, because there is nothing you can take to help it.
Maryanne
UKFM Member

Postby Pamela600 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 pm

I find the fatigue worse too
Pamela600
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Sat May 17, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Theresa34 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:57 pm

"I will be doing a one off post. I think coming on here daily wont be a very positive thing as I feel that its more negative and doesn't actually help. I have pain like everyone else, the worse symptom is probably stiffness throughout. I was lucky and diagnosed very quickly. I try to keep a positive attitude and not to dwell on symptoms and just accept it and move on x"

I agree with Theresa i think this site is very depressing. Worse symptom has to be the exhaustion i can usually do something about the pain to at least lower it's intensity. And night terrors/mares, being woken up at night thinking someone is touching you when you live on your own is terrifying. And the depression. and lack of belief and support from those around me. Beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Sat May 17, 2014 9:34 am

fatigue and the pain.
Lindilou

Postby shoog » Sat May 17, 2014 10:45 am

I'm sorry you guys find this site depressing. I certainly didn't intend for this thread to be. I'd hoped the opposite in fact, because charting symptoms means you can appreciate the good days and maybe we could have learned coping strategies from each other. But nevermind, I can do that on my own in the form of a diary. It doesn't have to be on here.

I have stiffness and widespread pain, being most acute in my shoulders, hands/wrists and hips. The fatigue has been pretty debilitating recently. Then IBS type symptoms are really bad too. That's probably my most embarrassing symptom.

I'm working an 8 hour shift today and I really don't know how I'm going to do it :( but I know that when I finish I'll be proud of myself for doing it. I just wish I didn't have to work quite as much, I'd love to have some time to work on managing my symptoms and pacing myself.
Lauren
shoog
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat May 17, 2014 1:27 pm

shoog wrote:But nevermind, I can do that on my own in the form of a diary. It doesn't have to be on here.

Just because a few members find this site and topic depressing it doesnt mean you cannot carry on with the thread as many members do want to reply.

Not everyone has the same opinion and if we were to go on 2 peoples views then nothing will ever be put on here. You can just use the site if people wish to ask questions or generaly talk about your problems, no one has to reply to topics especially if they find it depressing, just skip on by to the next one.

Forums especially those that are about chronic illnesses will have many topics that people may find depressing but we also do a whole range of subjects to help people like the benefits section and solicitors plus we have the fun board.

Alot of people come here because they dont have anyone to talk to or need advice and support or just need to know that we understand.

Feel free to talk about what you want :-)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 17, 2014 2:18 pm

The forum is here for members to use in their own way, as Shoog is doing with this topic. For anyone, regardless of where they are in their FibroQuest, and irrespective of how strong a non~cyber support network may be, there may be a time when they find that what they need is some support and advice from fellow FM~ers who have/are experiencing similar situations.

For those that have said they find the site depressing, there is nothing in the Basic Rules For Membership which says you must read or participate in all topics. If you think that something may be too negative for you, then don't read it, it's a simple as that. Also if you
migrembe wrote:I agree with Theresa i think this site is very depressing

Then we may not be the most suitable FibroFamily for you at that present moment. During the years that I have been affected by various health problems/conditions, the sites, forums etc that I have visited have had times where things are on the dour side. They make no bones about this, nor do they apologise, or feel the need to justify why things are so. They seemingly accept that it is something that tags along with a chronic condition and they go with whatever the flow may be, just as we try to do on here. In with the dourness tho, there were lighter, brighter and more positive comments, just as can be found on here. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any sort of interactive page/forum/group where everyone is positive 100% of the time. Should there be such a Nirvana out there in the ether, then maybe it could be a more suitable CyberClan for those who find things on here aren't quite bright enough.

No matter how much positiveness there may be in someone's approach to life, it only takes that one event or bit of news to make things come crashing down, leaving them in need of additional support and understanding, often from those who have had their own experiences of similar situations. Whilst some will offer this unreservedly, for some, having someone ask for something that they had previously made disparaging comments about, can cause rancour, as well as seem contradictory.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leannellie » Sat May 17, 2014 4:14 pm

I don't find this site depressing at all. It's helped me a lot. If you find it depressing then why would you be on here?!!! For me it's the awful pains just about everywhere but particularly hips, ankles, knees and wrists. Brain fog is a big problem too. Oh and the tiredness.
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sat May 17, 2014 5:05 pm

I agree that the fatigue is probably the worst symptom. ....ive coped with pain for years now I cant remember what its like to be pain free anymore xx

At the moment I have a horrible tennis elbow type pain in my right arm and its doin my nut in....

The all over body aches are a bit of a bummer also.....ive tried to describe it to someone like the pain you get in your feet after being on them all day..but all over your body
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Debs1967 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:56 am

I couldn't say which is the worst symptom, they all merge making the whole illness close to unbearable.

I apologies if this post appears depressing, but this is how fibromyalgia presents itself in me. I have a a few other issue, thyroid and liver. The complexities of rheumatic conditions is so that they are not always experienced in the same way and we must bear this in mind.

As for this post and site being depressing, chronic illness is depressing for the most part. This is medical fact . :-D
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Postby Lizee » Sun May 18, 2014 3:59 pm

I definitely think pain and fatigue for me, I get chronic migraines and suffer from joint pain, especially in my lower body but also my arms shoulders and neck. I went to our local pub last night, they had a rock and paying and it was fab. I rested before I went but danced the night away even though I was In pain after about an hour. I hobbled home about midnight, slept really badly and now can't move, pain in my usual places and a migraine. I do feel it was worth it though :-) I'm not letting this stop me doing the things I love to do. I just have to plan well so I can suffer in peace the next day. :-)
Lizee
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia