iF

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

iF

Postby painprincess1 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:42 pm

This is something I know or I can bet must of us feel blinky mad that if u have fibro ,then your not in as much pain or distress as ppl with Parkinsons or other such illness .now before I get told these ppl are worse off I no they are .but then parkinsons does not kill you .like fibro u die with it not of it.so why then being you can't blood test of pd are we made to feel like fakes.in this day and age ppl still say oh fibro yer my mate had that and works 18 hours a day bla bla bla.why do dr pass us off what makes ours any different from say parkinsons or essential tremors .im not picking on anyone as I'm being seen for these and ms. And I no this is wrong but I almost hope I do have something I don't have to explain myself for day in day out. And as I write these words I no just how stupid I sound. I'd never want someone worse then this I just wish I didn't have to feel a lier or a fraud .xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: iF

Postby humphreys » Sun May 18, 2014 6:00 pm

I couldn't have put it a better way, you've said it all, well done.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Re: iF

Postby Theresa34 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I am sorry you feel this way and that you're having a hard time being believed. I havent had that experience. I am believed. Possibly because my fibro is secondary to my arthritis. I spoke at length with my new rheumy nurse and she said that you're more likely to be believed if your fibro is secondary to another condition. Its true that our pain is pretty bad and the stiffness, fatigue etc. But I am thankful that I dont have cancer or Parkinson's, dementia (my late father in law had this) etc. I am thankful that I can manage my condition and that it wont kill me and I wont need operations etc.

I do hope that you find some peace and that you can find some support as it doesnt sound like you have much around you at the moment. Take care x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia