bruises

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

bruises

Postby dolphintara » Sun May 18, 2014 7:34 pm

hi eve 1

hows everyone doing lovely weather , just want to ask if any one else gets bruises but you don't know how you done it , and there is no way you can of hit yourself , as my bruises are on top of inside thighs , inside and outside , all the way down to my toes , the ones inside my thighs are very big and bold , it looks like I have been beaten up ,
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Re: bruises

Postby Theresa34 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm not sure that that is normal :shock: I get bruises like anyone else. But those sound like they need checking out by a dr. It could be anything really x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby dolphintara » Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm

hi
thank you for your reply , yes think your right will give a ring in morning
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby carlysmum » Sun May 18, 2014 7:53 pm

hi,yes i also bruise for no reason hun,all over my legs and thighs aswell,dont know if it is fibro related or not so i would be interested to hear what the doc tells u hunni xxx
carlysmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Sun May 18, 2014 7:59 pm

I wouldnt say they are for no reason but if i bump myself or get knocked it do bruise easily, and not just little bruises, i mean huge, gigantic, look like ive been beaten with a stick type bruises that take forever to disappear!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Mcongerton » Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

I bruise very easy too .. The slightest little knock does it for me ... If you get them for no reason you should see a doctor just to rule out anything nasty x
Mcongerton
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 pm

I know if your platelet count is low then you can get excessive bleeding. So a small cut would bleed a lot or you would bruise. I had this when a new med didnt agree with me but I did get very sick. Took me three days to feel better and I had to stop them.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Sun May 18, 2014 8:31 pm

hi I have only been recently diagnosed with fibro this year but have noticed I get bruises that stay longer than they used to and it is at moment through just having a blood test and the nurse who does it is lovely and really careful. I also had a nerve conduction test EMG and the doctor used 3 very small needles and to be perfectly honest didn't really feel them but he apologised as on the third one after finishing up noticed a bruise which has really gone really big but not massive more than I thought it would is it normal with fibro
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Kernowc » Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 pm

I too bruise easily and can have large bruises. I was puzzled by frequent bruising on my inner arm but eventually realised that whilst asleep I was grabbing the top of one arm with the other hand and that the bruises were my own fingermarks!
Kernowc
UKFM Newbie

Postby Billsmum » Mon May 19, 2014 5:32 am

Yes I'm always getting bruises, mainly on the legs,sometimes on my arms, it only needs the slightest touch. The ones on my legs and thighs are where my little dog a westie jumps up, or sits on my lap! Poor little thing he cannot understand why I ouch! When he jumps up or stans on my lap.
Billsmum
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 am

Being easily bruised and having bruises pop~up in random places does seem to be something that affects a good number of us. It's something that comes up now and again, and each time it's very similar with unexplained bruising, no recollection of antyhing bumping into the particular areas. For me, I've always bruised very easily from being a small person, but it could never be explained.

Whilst it may be FM~related for a good number of us, bruising could also be an indicator for other conditions, so if anyone has any worries/concerns about the ones that appear, having them checked out with a GP or other suitable peoples is always the best thing to do.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:48 am

Bruises are my way of life. Did I bump into something and forget, because memory is bad? Or did it appear because of something else? The Black Hole of Fibro...x
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Jentay » Mon May 19, 2014 5:33 pm

I also bruise easily but it's part of my brittle bone condition so I'd say that if this is a new thing, then I'd get it checked out. My latest bruise is on my thigh & occurred turning over in bed. I felt the muscle rip & then the bruise has appeared over the last couple of days!
Jentay
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindilou » Mon May 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Arnica cream/gel usually helps me.
Lindilou

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia