Pressure pain in chest going up to throat!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pressure pain in chest going up to throat!!

Postby hedgewitch18 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you for the welcome Fluffy Puppy! I will try to make a note of this in future. The first time it happened I had just gone through the horrendous euthanasia ( by an incompetent vet) of my beloved Ginger cat and my heart had just been broken! I was so upset that I believed I was having a heart attack. It actually occurred while I was asleep and the pain woke me up. However it subsided just as I was thinking of waking hubby up to get me some help. The next couple of episodes seemed to have no trigger so I'm a bit confused by it.
It is good to know I'm not alone but as Chri55ee says, how would we know if it really was a heart attack! A scary symptom! I'm reluctant to go to the hospital as I read recently about someone who had gone to A&E but when she told them she had Fibro they just dismissed it as a psychological problem and sent her away :(
hedgewitch18
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindenp » Tue May 20, 2014 5:51 pm

I am getting a very similar sensation at the moment but it doesn't travel up into my throat. It is being treated as gallstones as I had a scan that shows I have them. I am scheduled to have my gallbladder removed at the end of June/beginning of July because the pain is so bad. I was expecting that to resolve the problem but having seen your post I am wondering now if it is going to help or if it "just" another symptom of the Fibro. :-? I guess I will just have to wait and see. I'll let you know what happens.
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Postby heatherp » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Oh yes I can relate to this as well, 3 trips in ambulance over the years with suspected heart attacks as have pains in arm and tightness in chest, sweating etc etc, I think that a lot of it becomes a panic attack as thinking I'm about to die. Have learnt how to try and breathe my way out of it now more though. But I also get really bad knots in my neck and between shoulder blades and usually the two are related. My partner now knows where these knots are and can free them all off and once he has done that as painful as it is it I can breathe again and the pressure on my chest goes away.

Such an awful condition, and so hard to explain to anyone who doesn't know about it. But it won't beat me !!! :)
heatherp
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia