My latest from Dr....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My latest from Dr....

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 pm

And I quote.."Unfortunately, do not have any answers for you, but lets do some bloods and take it from there." At least he listened to me, read my list of complaints and took the time to try and help!
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: My latest from Dr....

Postby libbiek30 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:12 pm

I get fed up of going to the docs cause it's the same every time. My hubby always jokes what more blood tests! I actually saw a doc last time who actually took each complaint by itself and didn't put everything down to fibro. If your not happy keep telling them it's your body and your life so you have the right to the best help. Good luck :crazy:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue May 20, 2014 8:30 am

What's he doing the blood tests for? Remember Dr's need to learn about Fibro just like everyone else does and remember you can always say 'no'.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:26 am

Have u seen a Nero at the hospital at all if not ask to see one and when I say ask I mean tell x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:29 am

Because I am being weaned off Duloxatine, everyone I see puts my sudden loss of muscular control down to this. Nothing I have read indicates that this is the case. I currently use crutches as I cannot walk, my feet won't lift....I shuffle at best, when I am not falling over. My fingers and hands do not follow commands, so typing this, is an exercise in extreme concentration, and frustration. It is getting worse on a daily basis, I am finding I have less and less control, but GP will not refer, I have asked...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Wed May 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Sounds like the same thing I heard from all my GP's during a 20+ year period until I finally put my foot down and got sent off to a rheumy for a diagnosis.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu May 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Queenie - that sums me up just now - nothing lifts!!
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Have been referred to Psychiatrist, because that is going to help!!!! Also a Chronic Fatigue Centre in Great Yarmouth, so we will see. I have been doing my own research and have found something called Polycythemia. As I currently have three years of medical records I Googled, (I know), the reason behind red blood cell count increasing, haemoglobin, and haematocrite increasing in each test for the last three years of records and this came up. It is interesting to see that a lot of my Fibro symptoms could have been covering this up...I am going to mention it next time I am at the doctors to see what he thinks. My biggest issue is that I feel the meds they throw at us are the best that they can do, there is no time to look at the history of blood results. Individually they are okay, but as a historical record, it should be looked into.

My advice, get all your records, it's not cheap, so far I have spent £55 on getting mine, and I will keep updating them monthly, but you can look at all your results, all your tests, and all your visits, and see if something is either out of place, or not thought of previously. I did this for my terminally ill daughter and was able to keep up with everything that they were doing to her, we should keep track of what they are doing to us...it our body, our pain, our symptoms, and our lives, take control!

fairy_dust
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia